The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[News] Jensen Recalled

SvenBae

In a normal world we wouldnt even be talking about Kassian playing tomorrow after scoring 2 goals and 8 points in his last 8 games,,it would be a given but we have seen so many strange moves lately that nothing would surprise me .

Exactly. In a normal world if a player doesn't pull his weight we wouldn't even notice if he was scratched.

But wait. Kassian has to get special privileges because he is a big loveable and latently talented doofus who reminds everyone and his dog of Bert.

It is you people who do all the talking and wetting of pants when he is scratched, the rest of us just say "well he needs to follow coach's instructions, no big deal, he'll be back"

I don't think he will be scratched, I think Mac needs more conditioning, somewhere else but not on the team. Jensen is there because Willie has been told Bones is still a good way short of being fit and he does not want Mac back in the team at present.

This is a big game for a few players Kass, Vey, and maybe even Kenins if he shows signs of shading off.

lol playing in ahl is vastly different than ohl just because mccan has had a decent yr means yrs gonna be better than hunter, gaunce got 70 points last yr in ohl he will maybe end up with 30 in ahl which is great so yah not sure how hes having a bad yr at all.

Gaunce deserves a callup way more than jensen who has regressed this yr.

Agree. I think Gaunce has worked hard to show he can cut it in the AHL. Jensen has stagnated there for the most part. He has never been the same player since he was concussed with the Wolves.

Why hasn't Gaunce been called up then?...He's got two more points than Jensen (i'm not down on the kid.obviously,.its his first pro season)..but none of these guys are really lighting it up down there..

Do you do any background reading before posting something like that? Jensen hit the AHL in the 2011-12 season and apart from a spell at AIK in the Swedish Elite League has played there or in Vancouver ever since.

Brendan Gaunce although only a year younger has played only in the OHL up this season.

You could say Gaunce has done a pretty good job of catching up to Jensen. I also think that although being played on the wing in Utica the Canucks probably still see him as a centre, which may have something to do with them not wanting to rush him.

Do you do any background reading before posting something like that? Jensen hit the AHL in the 2011-12 season and apart from a spell at AIK in the Swedish Elite League has played there or in Vancouver ever since.

Brendan Gaunce although only a year younger has played only in the OHL up this season.

You could say Gaunce has done a pretty good job of catching up to Jensen. I also think that although being played on the wing in Utica the Canucks probably still see him as a centre, which may have something to do with them not wanting to rush him.

I was actually talking about Gaunce only being in AHL for one year (my bad grammar skilzz)...Jensen is coming up to his fourth season with the Canucks organization..It seems like an eternity ago that Jensen and Cody were our two top prospects.

Why hasn't Gaunce been called up then?...He's got two more points than Jensen (i'm not down on the kid.obviously,.its his first pro season)..but none of these guys are really lighting it up down there..

To be fair horvat wasn't exactly lighting it up in his first 40 games with us. Look at him now. If he wasn't good at faceoffs it would be a pretty ugly seen here in his first 40 games.

Look at him now he has just grown so much this season its a pleasure to watch.

To be fair horvat wasn't exactly lighting it up in his first 40 games with us. Look at him now. If he wasn't good at faceoffs it would be a pretty ugly seen here in his first 40 games.

Look at him now he has just grown so much this season its a pleasure to watch.

He wasn't lighting it up earlier on....He was specifically told by WD,not to worry about offence,just to make sure that he could handle defensive responsibilities...which he obviously did...His confidence is growing,and it's showing on his offence..Agreed,he's a treat to watch.

Did anyone notice in yesterdays telecast game vs the Islanders, the shot in the press box of Trevor Linden with Nick Jensen sitting to Lindens left. They were both facing each other; Linden moving his hands while talking and Jensen appearing very attentive. Trevor obviously schooling the young lad!

Go Canucks Go! :towel:

It seems a little cruel to call him up just to sit. But 2 days NHL pay equals about a month of ahl pay. Not a bad weekend, Sat night

in NY, watch a game with the boss Sun, then back to the grind with a nice bump in the bank account pretty nice weekend I

would say.

Archived