The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Value of) Nick Bjugstad, Mikkel Boedker and Keith Yandle

Right now our team is lacking a 2nd line centre and left winger. Bjugstad and Boedker fits that bill perfectly, bringing size, skill and speed to our team. I know that Bjugstad would be extremely hard to pry out of Florida, but this kid is a MONSTER. He's 6 foot 6 and 218 while being only 22 years old, I think we should try and get him if the asking price isn't unreasonably high. I don't have much knowledge in faceoffs, but another reason why I'm interested in Bjugstad is because he's right handed. The only right handed player on our team who could play centre is Vey, so wouldn't it be helpful to have another right handed centreman? I don't know if having another one would give us any advantage in faceoffs because almost all of our centers are lefties, so please let me know. Boedker is also pretty big player standing at 6 feet and weighing in at 211 pounds. He's also only 25, which could help us get a bit younger. Yandle is probably the toughest one out of the three. He's a top pairing defensemen who is still relatively young at 28 but has been rumoured to be on the trade block for number of years now. What would it take to get him out off Arizona? We need a top 4 left handed PMD, so what would the asking price be?

Thoughts?

No way Florida gets rid of Bjugstad unless its a serious overpayment. Man we should've done that deal with Luongo for Bjugstad back then :(

Gillis wanted to, but Tallon refused to trade Bjugstad, and I don't blame him. Kids gonna be a stud.

I don't see the point of threads like this. Bjugstad's value is absolutely massive. He's is worth more than anyone in our organization, and its not even close.

It would take Horvat, Virtanen, Tanev, our 1st. If you think otherwise, then you're either a huge homer or you don't understand how hot of a commodity this player is.

Archived