The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sedins / Kassian (observation)

casualty

I see Henrik is a +213 for his career.

If PP goals were factored in to +/- it would be +268 for his illustrious career.

Despite the variety of Jason King's,Carter's and Hansen's,the twins have carried a boatload of marginal players.

"The thing that's admirable about the twins is that even when they weren't putting up offensive numbers -- and they didn't their first few years -- they never got scored on. They're reliable defensively." Brian Burke

"For a coach, you talk about low maintenance or no maintenance at all, he just goes out and does his job, prepares well," Vigneault said of Henrik. "And he's a real team guy. His focus is always on what the team needs."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/columns/story?id=4883674

If PP goals were factored in to +/- it would be +268 for his illustrious career.

Despite the variety of Jason King's,Carter's and Hansen's,the twins have carried a boatload of marginal players.

"The thing that's admirable about the twins is that even when they weren't putting up offensive numbers -- and they didn't their first few years -- they never got scored on. They're reliable defensively." Brian Burke

"For a coach, you talk about low maintenance or no maintenance at all, he just goes out and does his job, prepares well," Vigneault said of Henrik. "And he's a real team guy. His focus is always on what the team needs."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/columns/story?id=4883674

How does either of those quotes refute what I said? I didn't say they were brutal defensively overall or AHL calibre. I said they were average defensively. You do know that average would probably be considered "reliable" right? As for the AV quote, when have I ever said any different about their work ethic?

Your problem is you live at the extremes. If someone points out a negative of a player it does not mean they think the player is complete garbage (like you do with Kassian).

What the OP is saying is, let Kassian get away with the odd defensive gaffe in light of his offensive output.

What WD (and the Sedins, when asked) say is, why can't we have both the offense and the defense? Until Kassian is traded away, that's what the Canucks are working towards.

Question would be, is there any way to motivate the guy without benching him?

Lots of red meat and beer. Who isn't motivated by that?

Seriously? Still degrading superstars to prop up your beloved Kassian.

Spend a minute and list up Kassian's NHL and International play awards/achievements and I will spend a few hours listing the twins.

The twins were playing in the Swedish Elite League at 16 years of age and had won four medals over eight International World Juniors and World Men's championships at age 24.

Instead of flipping about him "degrading" the Sedins (which he is not doing), you should be worried about the young wolverine on their line who might be becoming a superstar. Maybe the degrading of Kassian should be put to rest.

Kassian has scored more goals in the last 2 games than ... beloved Cody ... scored in his last 56.

I wonder if Zack will ever lead an NHL team in scoring as Hodgson did at 23/24 years of age?

How about second in NHL team scoring as Hodgson recorded at 22/23 years of age?

I know Hodgson is having a rough year with his coach but he still has 100%+ more career points than Kassian.

Ironically, Hodgson is tenth amongst Buffalo forwards in scoring while Zach is 13th amongst Canucks forwards.

Instead of flipping about him "degrading" the Sedins (which he is not doing), you should be worried about the young wolverine on their line who might be becoming a superstar. Maybe the degrading of Kassian should be put to rest.

Yeah,I can see you being as worried about what you write about as much as I am about to continue to write.

I wonder if Zack will ever lead an NHL team in scoring as Hodgson did at 23/24 years of age?

I know Hodgson is having a rough year with his coach but he still has 100%+ more career points than Kassian.

Ironically, Hodgson is tenth amongst Buffalo forwards in scoring while Zach is 13th amongst Canucks forwards.

bitter much?

You can wonder all about that useless garbage while you watch the games on your radio, the important thing is that Kassian (and Gillis :lol: ) is feeding you a giant open faced turd sandwich right now.

Kassian has been put into the right situation more than once and he drops the ball. It's consistency between the ears with this guy.

i wouldnt call 7 goals in 8 games, dropping the ball in the right situation. kassian has been pegged to play with the sedins a few times and has looked good pretty much every time. the problem with him is that he has some of the worst luck when it comes to the timing of his injuries, or suspensions that have killed any momentum he may have had. he's starting to look great no matter what line he's playing on at the moment, so I'm just gonna be thankful and hope that it continues

Judging by your post history no one knows how to garbage in better than you.

The Sedins are your savior,and that of your savior.

You can wonder all about that useless garbage while you watch the games on your radio, the important thing is that Kassian is feeding you a giant open faced turd sandwich right now.

Back in B.C. watching the games,but thanks.

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=4883674

Everyone is happy with the way Kassian is using his offensive opportunities when he plays with the Sedins.

And the guy as to be given credit... he is ready to shoot the puck when they put it on his stick... which is half the battle when you are alongside two of the best passers in the game.

But there is another side to the whole equation... that is defensive.

The Sedins are not the strongest players when under pressure in their own zone... they have difficulty dealing especially with big strong opposing lines. They also, like Kassian, have a tendency to float at the blue line. One of the reasons Burrows is so good with the Sedins is he is a very good and responsible defensive forward... who is excellent at headmanning the puck out of the defensive zone to a Sedin breaking towards center ice.

Kassian is also not good in his own zone... even though the Sedins and Kassians did well together on the powerplay, during the even strength periods of the Islander's game they were trapped on many occasions in their zone and only Eddie Lack's great goaltending kept the puck out of the net.

I am not saying Kassian can't learn... but if he is going to play with the Sedins more often, he needs to work more on defensive zone clearances, as well as taking his man... he was doing that some of the time in the Islander's game but other times he was a passenger.

Why do you care so much about him anyways? He's gone and that's that. If you miss him then the guy who traded him was fired. Why take it out on a player who's only crime was being on a list of players that Cody could be traded for?

Let me ask you a better question. Do you need Kassian to fail to justify your bitterness more than you need Kassian to be a force to help the Canucks win?

Don't answer here. Ask that last one in the mirror.

It's just that I'm so confused now... I don't know which of the 6 threads I should post in. Should I follow this one because it's the latest and greatest? Should I pick my favourites and stick to them? Or should I try to post in all of them. Help me out.

Wow, your name, it just fits so well, and the old timey photo...it just adds so much creadibility... It's like you're the only creative smartass that exists on this board.. We all bow to your superior opinions.....am I...am I doing this right??

Archived