The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Can Nicklas Jensen Be the Guy We Need?

thejazz97

Nicklas Jensen  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Of the five noted, I would take all but McMillan over Jensen, right now. But since Burrows and Richardson are injured, and there is a forward slot available, I can see Jensen coming up. Is he "the guy we need"? Not unless he unveils a previously unseen game where he scores as a 30-40 goal scorer in the NHL. I see Jensen more as a bottom six player at his best, but being the "goal scorer" on that line, netting 15-20 yearly. Hopefully he is learning a good two way game in Utica.

Do you have anything better to do then bash the Canucks? We're short four D men. We need Weber right now. Jensen's done squat, and Mcmillan is experienced. How many goals does Jensen have in both the NHL and AHL? Not many. Also Kassian's done good recently, but before this stretch of play, there was good reason to scratch him.

I'm just saying give Bobby Sang a bloody shot already because Weber has been pretty bad for us lately. Next, Jensen over Mcmillian is a easy choice to make. Skill over a grinder eqauls super easy. Of course this team will have scoring issues when they decide to bench their skill over grinders.

You can sit there and continue to support Willie D's bad decisions but I won't. These are poor decisions by him, which will end up costing us a few points in the standings.

Webers stats

NJD -1

against new york -3

so he is a minus 4 so far in the road trip. Next time you watch Canucks, try watching Weber and see how many turnovers he makes, see how many times he misses clear passes, see how many times he misses the net and see how many times he misses to check the guy..

Webers ahl stats from last season 7 points in 7 games -5

However Bo -Sang is a + 22 this year so what does this tell you?

Mcmillan is somehow higher on the chart. lol Willie D I love his system but boy oh boy, do I HATE his decisions.

Mcmillan has how many goals in the nhl?

Weber has been horrible still not benched. Sanguienetti is a offensive D-man

Kassian will be benched somehow, before Jensen comes in.

these are some really bad decisions by our rookie coach, AND whats even funnier is how some fans on here manage to find a way to support the decisions.They say things like,"maybe the coach knows best" Umm okay Weber has been a minus player, in the Minnesota game in the last minute he passed the puck to the minny player who just missed the net. I swear, the decisions of Willie D need to be fixed up but I do love the system and the overall guy he is.

That's cause if a player isn't proven at the NHL level then WD bases his decisions on those he's had previous coaching experience with. This guy is big on loyalty.

As for Jensen, I think he is going to be a top 6 player and his success will hinge on his line mates. Look at Chris Kreider, didn't really explode in the AHL (though did better than Jensen and with less games) but had NHL level skill and was able to take the next step.

I'm just saying give Bobby Sang a bloody shot already because Weber has been pretty bad for us lately. Next, Jensen over Mcmillian is a easy choice to make. Skill over a grinder eqauls super easy. Of course this team will have scoring issues when they decide to bench their skill over grinders.

You can sit there and continue to support Willie D's bad decisions but I won't. These are poor decisions by him, which will end up costing us a few points in the standings.

Webers stats

NJD -1

against new york -3

so he is a minus 4 so far in the road trip. Next time you watch Canucks, try watching Weber and see how many turnovers he makes, see how many times he misses clear passes, see how many times he misses the net and see how many times he misses to check the guy..

Webers ahl stats from last season 7 points in 7 games -5

However Bo -Sang is a + 22 this year so what does this tell you?

That the Comets are a much better team this season compared to last season

Mcmillan is somehow higher on the chart. lol Willie D I love his system but boy oh boy, do I HATE his decisions.

Mcmillan has how many goals in the nhl?

Weber has been horrible still not benched. Sanguienetti is a offensive D-man

Kassian will be benched somehow, before Jensen comes in.

these are some really bad decisions by our rookie coach, AND whats even funnier is how some fans on here manage to find a way to support the decisions.They say things like,"maybe the coach knows best" Umm okay Weber has been a minus player, in the Minnesota game in the last minute he passed the puck to the minny player who just missed the net. I swear, the decisions of Willie D need to be fixed up but I do love the system and the overall guy he is.

Bobby Sanguinetti is having very similar production to his other seasons in the AHL. It's not like he is 'breaking out' or anything. I would love to see him get his chance but WD and JB are not the only NHL management team that have not given him a chance. For whatever reason they don't see him fitting into the lineup, and I'm going to assume it's because they know alot more about his game than you or I.

Jensen is still only 21 - so I'd have to say, have patience with him because he has the precise toolset this team needs. A big, fleet sniper. He put up outstanding numbers in the SEL (comparable to the twins at that age) - was the premier sniper at his age in Sweden - and there is absolutely nothing wrong with the kind of production he is managing as a 21 year old in the AHL - better than .5 ppg is very respectable - and the Comets are a strong club, but not a high scoring team, so I think that's worth keeping in mind when you look at the numbers of guys like Jensen, Gaunce and Shinkaruk.

Like dat.

Bobby Sanguinetti is having very similar production to his other seasons in the AHL. It's not like he is 'breaking out' or anything. I would love to see him get his chance but WD and JB are not the only NHL management team that have not given him a chance. For whatever reason they don't see him fitting into the lineup, and I'm going to assume it's because they know alot more about his game than you or I.

He has never been a plus player go look at his plus,minuses. Furthermore, he is not a Ryan Parent because Ryan Parent struggled in the AHL after he was sent down. Whereas Bobby Sanguienetti has took a huge step this year by actaully being a plus player. Meaning, he has learned to play a complete game!!!! Enjoy watching Weber tonight :)

He has never been a plus player go look at his plus,minuses. Furthermore, he is not a Ryan Parent because Ryan Parent struggled in the AHL after he was sent down. Whereas Bobby Sanguienetti has took a huge step this year by actaully being a plus player. Meaning, he has learned to play a complete game!!!! Enjoy watching Weber tonight :)

Defense first team + one of best goalies in the AHL + his consistent offence = his +/- will benefit.

I'm not saying that I would not like to see him slot in. I'm saying there is a reason he hasn't yet.

He had that short, fairly impressive stint last year. This numbers this year in the AHL are better than last years' by a bit. But for being on one of the top teams in the AHL, I was hoping for better numbers from him. Then again he was barely a ppg player in junior. It's going to take him quite some time. One of those project players more than anything.

They may be one of the better teams but they do it by playing good defense. Nobody on that team has scored a lot.

I am beginning to have less and less faith that Jensen will ever become a full time NHL player. He's just so invisible and not in a good way like Tanev, Jensen is only gonna make it if he can show more tenacity.

This makes sense. Like, I'm not expecting him to become Virtanen, but he needs to be more physical and show off his skill more.

Archived