The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks send Jensen to Utica

Piggy Bank

Did he bang your sister?

I don't get the relentless hate on for a solid defensive depth forward..

Not hate I just see him standing in the way of others who deserve a shot. Picking him up is kind of a smack in the face to our players who are working hard in the minors. Jensen, Archibald, Defazio, Grenier all could have used a call up first. IMO it's the wrong message to send the guys who are working their butts off in utica for a call up.

Not hate I just see him standing in the way of others who deserve a shot. Picking him up is kind of a smack in the face to our players who are working hard in the minors. Jensen, Archibald, Defazio, Grenier all could have used a call up first. IMO it's the wrong message to send the guys who are working their butts off in utica for a call up.

To play 6-8 minutes a night on the 4th line instead of 15+ on the top line in the AHL? Please...

Looks like a case of neverplayedthegameitis..

Callups also give players a chance to mingle with the big club players and get a couple of practices in. It makes transitioning between leagues a little bit easier. Just think how smooth all our AHL callups have been thus far, even if they didn't stick. It also is a bit of incentive, showing them how close they are to playing an NHL game and what they need to do if they ever want to fulfill that goal.

It's a good strategy actually. Besides, he got to sit and talk with Trevor Linden, our current president, NHL veteran with his jersey retired by the Canucks, and former captain who took us to the finals. I don't think it's unfathomable to think that watching the game with the management in a positive environment could possibly help a young player trying to take the next step.

I played Rep as a teen and was drafted to represent our province as a Bantam. And I stand by that it was a poor decision to sit Jensen.

I played over 20 years in the NHL and won the Stanley cup twice. And I stand by that it was the right decision to sit Jensen.

I am also an astronaut.

I played Rep as a teen and was drafted to represent our province as a Bantam. And I stand by that it was a poor decision to sit Jensen.

Wow holy crap bantam?? Can I have your autograph? I was thinking as I made my previous post... This kid has either never played the game, or he was one of those that whine "somebody else is getting a better opportunity than me". And never "got it" enough to make it. Luckily our kids in the minors have made it as far as they have cause they realize "the process".

Archived