The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[2014-15] Canucks Injuries & Ice Chips Thread Part 2 | Where the Streets Have No Kassian Updates

Brad Marchand

When is Kassian coming back? Haven't heard anything about him.

Yeah, that worries me far more than Richardson.

We need a healthy, productive Kassian playing with the twins in the playoffs if we're going to go anywhere.

I'm hoping it's one of those things where he could play if we needed him, but the coach wants him to be 100%.

I don`t think we`re gonna lose games without him right now, but his size and nastiness will be needed for the playoffs.

Read through the last couple of pages but couldn't find it... Latest timetable for Miller? He resumed skating did he not?

He's skating now. Timeline puts him at just over 5 weeks. Original timeline was 4-6 weeks.

We should see him for the final homestand if everything goes well.

We need both of them come playoff time, so I'd be happy to rest them both until Game 1. Same goes for the obviously-ailing Hamhuis. Stanton can play some minutes until then.

Tanev Edler

Stanton Bieksa

Sbisa Weber

Hamhuis needs a mental and physical break. Been a turover machine.

Tanev Edler

Stanton Bieksa

Sbisa Weber

Hamhuis needs a mental and physical break. Been a turover machine.

I agree. Hamhuis needs to take a seat. He's clearly been struggling.

Whether it's a physical or mental recharge he needs, he needs something. We need Hammer to be in vintage Hamhuis form if we have a chance. The Hamhuis we're seeing right now will likely cause more than a few goals against.

I agree. Hamhuis needs to take a seat. He's clearly been struggling.

Whether it's a physical or mental recharge he needs, he needs something. We need Hammer to be in vintage Hamhuis form if we have a chance. The Hamhuis we're seeing right now will likely cause more than a few goals against.

I agree he has struggled but he looked amazing out there tonight against the blues. Hopefully, he's getting ready for playoffs

We have a pretty good logjam at centre since Vey has stepped up his game. Richardson's presence would elevate our face-off game a bit so we could potentially slide Vey or Matthias on the wing.

Richardson in my opinion will be a key component to success in the playoffs, even more so than Kassian.

Richie will be a huge boost, particularly to Bonino and Hank imo.

Nice to see the team manage to hold on with so many key players out for stretches this year though.

And nice to see Vey get his 1st goal and 2nd point in 19 games last night - a huge goal at a crucial time.

Vey may not have been highly productive lately, but he has stepped up his game without the puck imo and has done very well against tough matchups - not hurting the team and holding his own. Don't think he gets enough credit for some good defensive play under the circumstances - every mistake he made was magnified for a while by a certain contingent looking for a whipping boy, but he's been quietly solid for a rookie imo.

Really look forward to seeing Zack back though - gives the team another option and important elements.

To his credit, WD has really managed to not miss a beat despite a lot of revolving doors.

We have a pretty good logjam at centre since Vey has stepped up his game. Richardson's presence would elevate our face-off game a bit so we could potentially slide Vey or Matthias on the wing.

Richardson in my opinion will be a key component to success in the playoffs, even more so than Kassian.

I have to agree with you there. Richardson while not very flashy is a solid solid vet and has that edge to his play. This guy is made for play-off hockey IMO

Archived