The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

McMillan - mainstay?

S N Y P E R S 7

I thought he had a pretty good game tonight against the Islanders. He is young and fast but needs a little refining. I see him sticking with the team, not necessarily as a consistent starter but I don't see him getting sent down through waivers.

He is a very hard worker nothing against his work ethic, but I feel he has very limited upside and no way he should play once we're healthy. I'd also rather see a young guy like Jensen or Gaunce get a shot, as they should be a big part of our future.

He's fine until everyone comes back from injury.

Don't you mean anyone?

Actually, McMillan had a good game against the Islanders. Not great, but he did not look out out of place. In the first two games he was about as quiet as an energy guy can be and his advanced stats were poor. And his numbers on the season were not good.

Willie obviously thought he could be a better player than he showed this year with Arizona (based on one Willie coached him at the World Juniors). But is hard to see anyone else in the lineup coming out ahead of him. I assume Bonino will back soon and I assume that means McMillan goes to the press box.

Don't you mean anyone?

Actually, McMillan had a good game against the Islanders. Not great, but he did not look out out of place. In the first two games he was about as quiet as an energy guy can be and his advanced stats were poor. And his numbers on the season were not good.

Willie obviously thought he could be a better player than he showed this year with Arizona (based on one Willie coached him at the World Juniors). But is hard to see anyone else in the lineup coming out ahead of him. I assume Bonino will back soon and I assume that means McMillan goes to the press box.

I more meant until he probably has to go to waivers again.

Please waive of him! Our real prospects deserve callups.

We need guys like Jensen, Gaunce, Shinkaruk, etc to remain in Utica. The more they play there the better they will develope. Just look at how well the red wings develop their players. I say next year Jensen will see 10-15 games possibly more if he exels and shows he is ready to play full time in the NHL. Shinkaruk and gaunce will see a game here and there like Jensen did this year. Then the next year hopefully their ready. By then i expect mccann and virtanen to be ready for the NHL. That would be a nice cheap group of players on ELC. Gaunce/Mccann/Shinkaruk/Virtanen/Jensen?/Horvat?. Anyway what im saying is were better off leaving them stay down to develope their game by aquiring guys like mcmillian and clendenning. I think the clendenning move is going to be a steal for us. I just dont see forsling being any more than a #5-6 Dman. Clendenning i can see develope into a top 2

Considering his 2nd game was the second in 2 nights and the whole team was gassed apart from Kass who didn't play against NY I thought he made very decent progress for only his 3rd game with new team mates new systems and coach and all three games being on the road.

I won't say he will be dropped to the press box until I see how he does in his next game. He has undoubted pace and doesn't shy away from the contact. My only reservation when I heard about him was his lack of points. That may be what relegates him either to the press box or back on waivers in the end.

What are your guys' thoughts on McMill so far?

Is he good enough to stay, long term, or simply a temporary replacement?

Was impressive tonight, too bad he couldn't finish.

Seems to be assimilating into the system nicely; the question is if there are better players that may push him out.

I wonder if he is a part of Benning's future plans.

Nope, once Burrows is back, he will go down. Thats not even mentioning Bonino and Richardson. We have lots of depth this season.

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Vrbata-Bonino-Burrows

Matthias-Richardson-Higgins

Dorsett-Horvat-Hansen

Kenins

Vey

There is no room for Mr. McMillan and I would take all the players mentioned above over him. In fact, I think we will trade a player like Higgins since we already have lots of forwards on the roster when everyone is healthy. What we really need is depth on defense since that is the weakest part of the team right now and they don't have that much depth there. The Canucks should trade Higgins and Linden Vey for Cody Franson.

He would be a good depth player if we get into the playoffs, but he shouldn't be a regular night in and night out.

We have Vey and Kenins as extras once everyone is healthy and thats with Higgins/Burrows on the 3rd line. McMillan is kind of redundant in this scenario.

Archived