The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

23 games left: Is Bo Horvat going to score 15? Or maybe even 20?

*Buzzsaw*

198 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Anybody remember when i said horvat will get 30 points this year. You all laughted and made fun of me because he had to get something like 23 points in 38 games. JUST THOUGHT I'D POINT IT OUT

Haha I remember this. I don't recall anyone "making fun" of you, but it was logical to think Horvat wouldn't get 23 in 38. It's ironic how he actually has a shot at it now.

No vote, no expectations out of the young guy except to keep doing what he's doing.*

He battles hard, goes to the open ice when the time calls for it (re: to receive the nice dish from Kenins last game in the outside slot), and has a good release on his shot. If he keeps playing good defense that he and his speedy linemates can generate some offensive chances with then good things will keep happening.

*edit: meaning work hard

Extrapolated over the course of a full season, he's scoring at just under a 20 goal, 40 point pace. Did not expect that.

He'll probably finish the season with 15 goals, but next year I hope he makes big strides in his game both offensively and defensively (needs to get that +/- up). 20 goals and 40+ points from him in his sophmore season would really give the Canuck options, and may let us move Bonino for a star top-6 forward if Horvat can handle 2nd line center minutes.

He might cool down a bit at some point but 15 is pretty close and way more than anyone expected him to get. 20 is a bit too much to be hoping for at this point of the season, but it would look pretty good in the stats column for sure :)

• 4 weeks later...

He's grown so much over the course of the year, he had played like he is now all year there's no doubt he would score 20.

Next year he should score 20, as for this year he could definitely hit 15 or a tad more but I don't think he will get to 20.

Exciting nonetheless, next year should be a good year for him.

Guest Dasein

Something has gone wrong if he doesn't get to 15 at this point. I cant see him scoring just once in the next 11 games

??

He needs two more in the next 9 games, so he can't have needed just one with 11 games remaining

That being said, Bo should score 3 more goals if he continues to score at the pace he's been going at since Jan 19 (11 goals in 30 games), which should put him at 16

It wouldn't be out of this world if Bo had just 1 more in the next 9 and just miss 15, or score 2 to just hit 15

It would be great if he got 15 or more, but really it's all gravy at this point. He's exceeded all reasonable expectations for this year, is soaking up everything the coaching staff and vets are telling him, and is clearly going to be a core player for us for a long time. The Linden comparisons aren't perfectly on target as far as skill set and profile goes, but in terms of heart and soul, he's that kind of player.

I'm going with 17-18 this year. Next year he will get more ice time and the coaches will now what we have, so it'll be an interesting sophomore season for him. I may be getting ahead of myself here, but I am just looking forward to his future here :)

Archived