The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Willie a Candidate for Jack Adams

jackknife

He has no chance of winning (Laviolette is the runaway winner here), but I do think he could get nominated.

Laviolette

Hartley

Capuano

Will be the top 3 IMO.

EDIT: Forgot Capuano. In that case, don't think Willie gets in. He'll be in consideration though,

I'll also add, that I think Benning could get nominated for GM of the year.

The way that Willie has dealt with injuries, how he was able to get previously cold players (Burrows, Kassian, Edler) to recover is amazing.

L

M

F

A

O

The only reason Kassian was cold in the first place was because Desjardins's handling of him was atrocious.

This was exactly my first thought when I read the thread title lol. I like W.D. a lot, especially the style of hockey he wants the Canucks to play, but he needs to clean up his in-game management a little. Bench minors and timely time-outs can have huge impacts on playoff games and ultimately the series. He's doing pretty good for a rookie but not Jack Adams level yet for me.

Yeah I agree on the tempo he is trying to get the team to play with. I never liked sitting back on any lead and letting the other team control the play in our defensive zone, but that's the way that is on teams outside of Van as well sometimes. Plus. it's easier said than done to mitigate a hard last effort push when your opponent is down a goal or 2, I find it inexcusable though when for 5-10 minutes the clock is obviously just trying to be fought out in our end and in the neutral zone.

Nevertheless, I like what he's doing, but I just don't see enough of an improvement over last year to warrant it yet. We'll see over the next month.

Too many men on the ice is almost 100% time the player's fault.

I agree completely with you Ron, but when it happens on your bench time and time again it's up to the coach to get his team in the game, and specifically, more on point with the line changes.

Actually if you compared last year and this year at the end of January, we would probably be fairly close. We started stumbling in February last year.

Nashville doesn't have a better team than us on paper, but Laviollette brought them to a 6 pts lead for President Trophy so far. That is spectacular.

And right now we are almost through Feb no?

I hope you are kidding. Best goalie and defense corp in the league in Nashville brother.

He should be a candidate by the end of the season.But he has little chance of winning with what Laviolette is doing in Smashville and Trotz in Washington.But I'm OK with that.

I agree. Although depending on this stretch and how Canucks do, he can definitly get some attention with so many injuries.

In before Riggs starts commenting in here with his "minor league Willie" rant. ;)

Nah, not right now. It took him a while but he finally made some changes to the PP. I still think he is making bad decisions a veteran wouldn't make but at least he saw who was deserving to be playing with the Sedins right now.

However, if he starts putting McMillan on the PP tomorrow, it'll be rant time.

I think Willie should be at least a candidate for the Jack Adams award. The way that Willie has dealt with injuries, how he was able to get previously cold players (Burrows, Kassian, Edler) to recover is amazing. Furthermore, he made the right decision to let Horvat stay, and just look at him now. Finally, we are a team in contention for the playoffs after letting Luongo and Kesler go. He also did not start a goalie controversy, which is the greatest achievement for any Canucks coach :P

Being CDC, people will bound to disagree. Yes we had a horrible year last year, and any recovery from Torts will look great. That said, it often takes a new coach some time to figure out what's going on before improving the team(Examples: Trotz, Berube). The fact that we never really was out of the playoff picture shows consistency for the new coach. Yes, we also had new players signed. But is Vrbata better than Kesler? Is Miller better than Luongo? Finally, someone will say Laviolette is willing the Jack Adams anyway, and this is pointless discussion. I honestly think Poile deserves more credit for the acquisition of Neal, Ribeiro, and Forsberg.

Whoah,...cart before the horse here!

This time last year is when Tortorella really started to go over a cliff. Let's wait a little longer and see how the "Ides of March" affect Willie and his new and hopefully improved 'Nucks, too. Your other point is a correct one, Laviolette will be winning it - almost guaranteed. Little discussion required since the voting takes place before the play-offs.

Everyone has put together some fine lists of candidates but nobody has remembered to include the one guy who deserves it more than anyone else.

The runaway winner of the 2014-15 Jack Adams Trophy will be ... Mr. Dallas Eakins.

Laviolette already has it locked up so it doesn't really matter.

Its not even close lol. The difference between the preds is like night and day. They are actually a fun team to watch now.

But holy shiz their line up is just stacked top to bottom no matter what position you look at. I can't remember seeing a team this stacked since the 2010 blackhawks and the 2006 senators.

Its not even close lol. The difference between the preds is like night and day. They are actually a fun team to watch now.

But holy shiz their line up is just stacked top to bottom no matter what position you look at. I can't remember seeing a team this stacked since the 2010 blackhawks and the 2006 senators.

could potentially see yet another team on the list of cupless teams with us take their name off that list.

Caps, Preds, Blues, all looking good

Archived