The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sestito Is gone from this org.

avelanch

This is Travis Green we are talking about, so far he has shown to have class. I mentioned in the Utica thread that when Sestito arrived they went on a massive losing streak after a while. So its obvious something happen to team morale. Furthermore, Sesitto had atrocious numbers in the AHL, and I pointed that out too. The bottom line is Sesitto stopped caring because he felt he doesn't belong in the AHL. 1 point in the AHL is unaccepatable. He should of went to the AHL and said, "f*** it I will show them, I will win my job back." but instead he chose a different route.

Another thing, did Linden not have a private talk with him? Or did this management show him no support? some questions need to be answered but probably wont.

Check out this stat in the AHL

10 GP 1 GOAL -2 ARE YOU KIDDING ME? of course with 20 penalty minutes lol

When Benning arrived on the scene,there was a shift in policy to having four skilled lines that could play...Players like Sestito were fast becoming obsolete and his days were numbered...He brought muscle (although he hardly ever decisively won fights)...His 'play me,trade me' attitude ,did him no favours.....

Tom Sestito retweeted

nsM2_bigger.jpgScott Norton@NortonSports 42m42 minutes agoMission Viejo, CA
#NSM client @TomSestito23 " I am very disappointed at the lack of opportunity I received this entire season, but wish the Canucks the best..

Tom Sestito retweeted

"of luck the rest of the season. I am looking ahead now to my next opportunity, and making sure I will be 100% healthy and ready for it."

Tom Sestito retweeted

#NSM client @TomSestito23 " I am very disappointed at the lack of opportunity I received this entire season, but wish the Canucks the best..

Tom Sestito retweeted

"of luck the rest of the season. I am looking ahead now to my next opportunity, and making sure I will be 100% healthy and ready for it."

Up yours too, Tom. You're the one who refused to adapt.

Wow way too much hate for him... No idea what's wrong with people.

The guys stood up for his team NIGHT IN NIGHT OUT. Yet he's somehow got very little respect. He's got way more talent than everyone gives him credit for. It's too bad, hopefully he does well moving forward.

I think this was inevitable. He really wasn't fitting and if a prospect like Horvat plays better than him and has FAR better upside, then he's not exactly going to get a lot of games.

I think it will be hard for him to find another NHL team to play for. If anything, he may have to look to the AHL or Europe.

He got more skill than any enforcers out there.. He's just like kassian, can't get out of coach doghouse... One of the reason why so many injuries this yr, lack of size and grit... 80% of the time canucks are getting out hit, it's gonna take a toll on you. Tanev getting nailed every single game

Isn't that kind of like saying McDonalds has the healthiest fast food? Sure he may be a good player for an enforcer, but we have plenty of guys that can play better.

The game is clearly moving towards guys like Dorsett in place of traditional enforcers.

Wow way too much hate for him... No idea what's wrong with people.

The guys stood up for his team NIGHT IN NIGHT OUT. Yet he's somehow got very little respect. He's got way more talent than everyone gives him credit for. It's too bad, hopefully he does well moving forward.

Comon man, while I did love the fact he did stick up for his teammates, and had decent skill for a tough guy of his size. But there is zero room for him in todays NHL. Not fast enough, and doesn't do the intangibles well enough, he is a liability out there. We have Dorsett now who fills his spot. And is ten times the player Tostitos was. I thank him for his time here, but that attitude as well.. I'm glad he's gone personally. But I hear what your saying.. he was the only one who stuck up for anyone last year.

Archived