The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] VAN-CAR, VAN-OTT

thejazz97

I've seen someone bring up acquiring these two before, but I thought I would give it a proper forum so you guys can deliberate.

VAN:

Brad Richardson

OTT:

Patrick Wiercioch

VAN:

Zack Kassian

CAR:

Victor Rask

These two are excellent possession players, and should come relatively cheap.

Thoughts? Who adds?

Think I'd pass on both...

Wiercioch doesn't play as physical as he should, and if Sbisa can keep his hitting, mobility and consistency I'd keep him. Richie helps our PK too so I'd rather have Brad.

No to the 2nd one, Rask sounds to me like what Brendan Gaunce could become, a two-way center with size who's not physical. We're alright up the middle in terms of middle-6 depth IMO.

Strengths – Strong, rangy forward with powerful skating stride and elite puck skills, deft puckhandler with some finish to his game. . Weaknesses – Has a tendency to overhandle the puck and try to do too much, lacks vision to see open linemates. Inconsistent in his effort, not always willing to give or take a hit, or go to the dirty areas. NHL Upside – One of the draft’s boom or bust prospects. If he figures out that he won’t stickhandler through NHL teams and learns to work hard he can be a top-six NHL forward. If not, he may be a fringe NHLer

No thanks if he's Kassian or...

Victor Rask's NHL Player(s) Comparisons:

-Nik Zherdev, Sergei Kostitsyn

Archived