The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Do we make the playoffs? Yes or No

Ronalds.Kenins41

Do we make the playoffs  

258 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

lol if 2011 didn't prove that this team is cursed and destined to never win the cup then I don't know what does

not to mention seeing one of our big rivals in Chicago win the president's trophy themselves in 2013 and then going on to win the cup against the very team we couldn't beat.

Reffing was completely different in the Hawks series. Also Rask is garbage compared to how good Thomas was against us. Hawks had it easy.

We would beat the environment and 2013 Bruins easy but the 2011 Bruins and reffing was completely different. That series though was one of the best I ever watched cause I was cheering for the hawks since the start of the season. Was the first time in my life I cheered for a team and they won the cup.

Sorry I've been 100% bang on in my assessment of the team all year. They're exactly where I had them pegged to be. Don't believe me go back to the prediction thread from August or September.

You just called the Canucks "elite" on the previous page. The Canucks are 12th in the league, that's not elite. So no, your assessment of this team is not 100% bang on. It's this type of delusional, over the top optimism that creates such a hatred of a fanbase by other teams fans.

I'll admit, I had lots of doubts about this team. I predicted that injuries would hurt this team down the road.

My prediction stands correct. However, with the amazing job Benning has done by providing not only depth, but actual, quality depth, we have been able to beat teams with our young guns fused in and around the line-up. Not only that, but we are using our prospects and developing them the proper way.

If everything stays at this pace, we should be able to make the playoffs ;)

Should give Gillis some kudos as well don't you think? Biega and Kenins were ufa's signed by him. Corrado and Horvat were drafted by him.

I for one would like to face LA in first round not second or third ,I think they would be more vunerable to an upset earlier rather then later.having said that I dont like our chances this year both La an Chi reload on the fly .This may be a year to just show an make the dance ,we have to manage our cap better yet,the ongoing struggle we are still out a top 4 D .I think we may just squeek in under the gun if no more injurys ,One can see at game 60 the team is in dog days of schedule an look extra tired an slow some nights if not for the youth an new players fighting for roster positions. We are only three straight losses from being outside wildcard looking in so any major slide will hurt badly at this point in season more then not picking up a player in trade at deadline.

Should give Gillis some kudos as well don't you think? Biega and Kenins were ufa's signed by him. Corrado and Horvat were drafted by him.

We should, but I think the "Does Gillis get another GM job" thread, shows that most of us probably won't.

Personally, I think oldnews nailed it when he said that Shanny should give MG a call...

honestly i don't see us going into a tailspin this year, especially not large enough to drop us out of the playoffs. we've been doing fairly well, even with all these injuries. everyone is stepping up, and we've been winning big games that people were thinking we would lose going into them (Boston x2, Chicago, Minnesota, Pittsburgh, both NY teams)

The only question here is can we catch that little twerp kesler and the quacks for number 1.

GO CANUCKS GO! DUCKS SUCK

the way the ducks are dropping i don't think it's that far fetched to think they will not be #1 by the end of the season. the only question is who will usurp them.

Give credit to benning for signing Vrbata and miller, those were great signings. And Dorsett was a great pickup as well.

But gillis should also be given some credit, Horvat,Kenins, Stanton, Biega, kassian,Tanev, Corrado, Maithas : where would we be without these guys.

honestly i don't see us going into a tailspin this year, especially not large enough to drop us out of the playoffs. we've been doing fairly well, even with all these injuries. everyone is stepping up, and we've been winning big games that people were thinking we would lose going into them

We have 7 games against bottom feeders needing 19 points to get in. Doing the math that means the Canucks need only 2 more wins and one OTL against teams that aren't at the bottom. They have to beat the Dallas's and the Avalanches and the Flyers. They don't have to beat the top teams.

Canucks could lose 5 of 6 (provided they win tonight), and still be ok, provided they win 6 of their next 8 after.

We have 7 games against bottom feeders needing 19 points to get in. Doing the math that means the Canucks need only 2 more wins and one OTL against teams that aren't at the bottom. They have to beat the Dallas's and the Avalanches and the Flyers. They don't have to beat the top teams.

Canucks could lose 5 of 6 (provided they win tonight), and still be ok, provided they win 6 of their next 8 after.

We normally lose our games against Edmonton at the end of the season and Phoenix is a mixed bag. Sometimes we own them, sometimes we get owned by them. You never quite know what you will get with them.

we just got crushed 6-3 by the worst team in the league, just cause we have games against bottom feeders doesn't mean an automatic 2 points

the way the ducks are dropping i don't think it's that far fetched to think they will not be #1 by the end of the season. the only question is who will usurp them.

Kesler's only got 3 goals in his last 26 games and a clean sheet in his last 9.

Apparently he's a little banged up

Anaheim takes on LA tonight, should be a war.

you prove with every post that you know nothing so you saying that to anyone is hilarious lol

the only cup threat in the pacific is Anaheim and maybe LA, we aren't.

and no cup threats in the east? lol just stop talking now

You're not to call him an @^@!bead again, are you?

Lack seems to be following Miller. Some games he owns the net, some games the net owns him, but regardless of who shows up he still gets the win and the 2 points.

The past two games should also put to rest the "let's trade Tanev" chants.

Archived