The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canadiens acquire Smith-Pelly from Ducks for Jiri Sekac

elchupacabra

I don't know why everyone is so quick to say mtl got fleeced on this one. I think they won it, as dsp is a great player that works extremely hard. Hits, battles on the boards. Mtl needs more players like this. Sekac is a bright young player, and I dont know to much about him. But have always like DSP.

Why, because 3/4's of the bozos on CDC only understand offensive flair, they actually have no idea that to build a team you need a combination of speed, size, skill, grit and intangibles.

I like the trade for Montreal. DSP is just what they need, a bigger bottom six winger with an offensive touch (like Weise). Perfect for the playoffs. Believe Anaheim got the better player in Sekac, think he could amount to more than a bottom six player, 2nd line potential. Sekac will probably be given a chance to play with Kesler or Cogliano, good mix of skilled wingers in Anaheim too.

Has there ever been 2 blacks on one NHL team? Hockey isnt played in African American neighbourhoods, or India or Asia.

Immigration has increased and they all move to the city, and think oh look all these Canadians play hockey, wow

Internet Poochies, so touchy about every little thing. they just sit and wait for something controversial to

complain about. 2 blacks on one team, I don't think I've seen that before. Where the Orientals at?

Oduya, Mayers and Emery chicago had 3 in 2013.

I am not surprised either guys was moved. Good hockey trade in that each as a prospect fills a need better on their new team rather than fighting for a role.

I was just expecting them to ne part of a bigger package to attract a significant deadline addition to each roster.

sekac has played with your BOY and also with getz and perry... 2 pts in last 2 games, I like him. Losing DSP is rough, but we needed a left handed shot... and a lil shake up. I am liking all that has transpired for Anaheim, Return of the wiz and additions of Fleischmann, depres, and Holzer for at worst the loss of Lovejoy and Karlsson ( who i was a fan of). Should be good

Archived