The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Extension] Leddy with NYI

Elliotte Friedman retweeted

Nick Leddy has signed a seven-year contract. Further details to come. #Isles

Elliotte Friedman @FriedgeHNIC 4m4 minutes ago

Leddy AAV is $5.5M

Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie 4m4 minutes ago

AAV on Leddy's seven year extension with NYI is $5.5M.

Bit of a pay raise but imo, THIS is how future core players should be paid. Not these silly bridge deals "just to see". IMO, best to just sign the player and make him happy and focused. If a team doesnt already know what they have then its simply their own fault for not properly assessing what they have.

That being said, Leddy has a cup and has proven himself that he is out of the shadow of Duncan Keith.

Makes me feel a little better about the Leddy deal. No way the Hawks could afford 5.5M. We could have used him on the second pairing right about now though. Still wish we had kept him around for this year though. He was never getting the kind of freedom he is getting with the Isles though. Q would have stifled him and kept him on the 3rd pairing. Keeping Oduya was a huge blunder and its costing the team this year, the Hawks won't win anything this year. First round exit.

Yikes. He's not THAT good. I would have expected 4-4.5 mill

I'd argue he is very much that good and definitely worth the contract.

He's playing in the East, with a lot more minutes than he was getting in Chicago. Seeing a ton of of best competition the NHL has to offer offensively night in and night out, and he has a better plus/minus than he did last year. All at the ripe old age of 23 years old.

Definitely proving to be worth every penny he's about to get.

Archived