The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Van-Phi

Philly has suddenly crept back into playoff contention, being only two points out with a win over Carolina and a boston loss tonight. I know it's unlikely we trade any goalies with miller going down, but would anybody entertain the idea of lack or markstrom going to philly? Say miller is slated to return before the end of the regular season (we don't know yet), this opens possibilities. I wouldn't mind having Eriksson backup for a short while if Philly was willing to overpay a bit for one of our goaltenders in a bid to make playoffs. Just spitballing, but maybe Taylor Leier and their 2nd?

Again, not saying this is likely to happen but I wouldn't mind a deal like that.

Edit: my mistake, miller out 4-6? 6 would take us just past the end of the regular season, 4 weeks would have him return with 4 or 5 games left including two weak games to end the season...

Zepp's passed Emery on the depth chart and Mason is back from injury (although Emery is injured now in his place). Philly isn't that desperate for a goalie and we aren't trading one until the off season.

My bad, wasn't aware mason was back. When I first saw the injury I heard he'd be out for a considerable stretch.

With Philly close to a playoff spot and our team getting healthy i say we offer Philly matthias and higgins for their 1st

Sedin sedin kassian

Vrbata bonino vey

Dorsett richie burrows

Kenins horvat hansen

We would still havr players in minors to fill if injuries as in jensen shinks gaunce

With 2 firsts we would have had 6 1st rounders in 3 years alot of prospect depth and it also gives an option for jb to trade a prospect he doesnt like for a rental top 6 sniper

Philly has suddenly crept back into playoff contention, being only two points out with a win over Carolina and a boston loss tonight. I know it's unlikely we trade any goalies with miller going down, but would anybody entertain the idea of lack or markstrom going to philly? Say miller is slated to return before the end of the regular season (we don't know yet), this opens possibilities. I wouldn't mind having Eriksson backup for a short while if Philly was willing to overpay a bit for one of our goaltenders in a bid to make playoffs. Just spitballing, but maybe Taylor Leier and their 2nd?

Again, not saying this is likely to happen but I wouldn't mind a deal like that.

Edit: my mistake, miller out 4-6? 6 would take us just past the end of the regular season, 4 weeks would have him return with 4 or 5 games left including two weak games to end the season...

what the hell

why would you deplete our team

when we are 5th in the conference

the idea each year is to make the playoffs

and then see what we can do

do not handicap the team when they now appear to have made the playoffs

and we also have no spare goalies to trade at present

utica is also playing well and should be able to keep one of its goalies

what the hell

why would you deplete our team

when we are 5th in the conference

the idea each year is to make the playoffs

and then see what we can do

do not handicap the team when they now appear to have made the playoffs

and we also have no spare goalies to trade at present

utica is also playing well and should be able to keep one of its goalies

If we can win these next couple games leading up to the deadline and build a larger lead, and miller is indeed gone 4-6, I wouldn't mind trading markstrom and rolling with lack (or vice versa) for a few weeks IF Philly would be willing to really pay up for one of the goalies. e.g.: as I mentioned, I think Leier and their second for one of our goalies is very fair for us. Unless we really believe markstrom is the next Ben bishop and going to blossom into a stud at a later age than the norm.

But as was mentioned, mason is back. I didn't know this when I made the OP.

Eddie Lack is getting showcased right now with Miller out. If Markstrom looks good and ready in the few starts he gets while up, Lack will be moved either at the draft or during summer to clear way for Markstrom to be Miller's backup starting next year.

There's no way that Markstrom gets through waivers again, and I believe the Canucks see him right now as Miller's likely replacement a couple of years from now.

As for the proposal itself, what do you all think?!?! I understand it's not likely to happen by the DL but almost a forgone conclusion we move a goalie in the summer, probably at the draft. For lack or Marky, what do you think of Leier and a 2nd? I think Leier could be a steal of a fourth round pick. Fair value for Markstrom or Lack? I feel like Ben Bishop being traded for peanuts twice could influence a Markstrom deal, even if those Conacher peanuts are only peanuts in retrospect lol.

Archived