The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I need help with a tax question!

LMAO

Received a lovely letter of reassessment from Revenue Canada today. The letter states that my 2012 tax return was off my exactly $10. Not such a big deal until you consider the fact they calculated interest on that $10 from then to now.. I had my taxes done by a professional at an Easy Tax location as well. The letter says I owe just over $800 to Revenue Canada. I'd like some tips from you. Has something like this every happened to you or anyone you know? What should I do in this scenario?! Thanks :)

Received a lovely letter of reassessment from Revenue Canada today. The letter states that my 2012 tax return was off my exactly $10. Not such a big deal until you consider the fact they calculated interest on that $10 from then to now.. I had my taxes done by a professional at an Easy Tax location as well. The letter says I owe just over $800 to Revenue Canada. I'd like some tips from you. Has something like this every happened to you or anyone you know? What should I do in this scenario?! Thanks :)

What was the interest rate and how often was it to be compounded?

Not possible.

I'll share a a funny story though, since you're full of crap and/or leaving something out.

15 years or so ago I did my own income tax return. They sent me a letter of reassessment saying I made a mistake and that the were adjustung my return by a few bucks. Fast forward about 6 months or so if I remember correctly. They sent me another letter saying they had made a mistake and issued me a cheque for like $3.78 or something stupid.

I still have it kicking around. Had on on the fridge for years. Couldn't be bothered to cash it.

Not possible.

I'll share a a funny story though, since you're full of crap and/or leaving something out.

15 years or so ago I did my own income tax return. They sent me a letter of reassessment saying I made a mistake and that the were adjustung my return by a few bucks. Fast forward about 6 months or so if I remember correctly. They sent me another letter saying they had made a mistake and issued me a cheque for like $3.78 or something stupid.

I still have it kicking around. Had on on the fridge for years. Couldn't be bothered to cash it.

That was then, and this is now. You have no idea what the government will do to get the taxes out of the people. I know a business lawyer who has this to say for why he never does tax cases "I don't do cases that destroy my career"

That was then, and this is now. You have no idea what the government will do to get the taxes out of the people. I know a business lawyer who has this to say for why he never does tax cases "I don't do cases that destroy my career"

I still do my own returns without much issue. I've had them reassess my return a few times over the years. Never had them reassess a reassessment since though.

It's all the same crap for the most part, and there is no way a $10 discrepancy turns into $800.

Archived