The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I think Eddie made a statement vs the Bruins about who is #1 when Miller is out

*Buzzsaw*

I do think he should sit out the next game vs Buffalo... that would be a good opportunity for Markstrom to get his baptism as a Canuck netminder... plus Eddie was beat up considerably with all the crashing of the net by the Bruins, so he probably needs a break.

Hopefully you meant for this year, as he did play a few for us last year....

How well Eddie and Markstrom play down a pressure packed stretch run and perhaps into the playoffs will determine who stays and who goes - it may yet turn out that Miller goes. If Eddie is lights out, are you just going to award the job to Miller because... he's MIller? I think not. If Markstrom gets to play and he plays like he did in the AHL, what then. I don't agree with trading young players that give great performances - IF they perform! You know what you get with some aging vet - declining performance until he is worth nothing. All things considered, we did alright trading Luongo - getting Matthias - a very good, big, strong-skating, versatile player with a great attitude and at a great age, and getting a great goalie prospect in Markstrom. If Lack continues his play - finally getting to play for a stretch of games, and Markstrom continues to develop, Miller might bring something too - after all we still have Eriksson, Cannata, and Demko in the goalie depth pool. Who says you can't play with young goalies - Montreal did it for years - Dryden, Roy, and many others. LA has done too badly, either.

Steve Darling from global was just trying to talk about more goalie controversy.... comparing lack/miller to luongo/Schneider ..... lack has played 1.5 games? Since the Miller injury.. too soon

I really like Luongo but I think schneider should be our goalie and lack could back him up.... oh wait. Nevermind.

Miller 28-15. 6 shutouts

Lack 7-7. 1 shut out

People calling miller so so or average then saying what a beast lack is.

The wierd fascination with back ups that the fans think are all superstars and way better than the real star is just bizzar in this market. And It goes way back before the Cory Louie thing. Why do cdcers want there be a controversy so bad, you can't just be happy that we have a bonfied started in miller and a solid back up in lack or markstrom.

Are you actually suggesting that going into this season that Lack had established himself enough as a starter in the NHL? Because he hadn't

Are you also suggesting that Lack would have a higher return in value than Miller? Again, wrong.

Lack will most likely be shipped out because he is more valuable than Markstrom currently is. Who is a higher risk/higher reward gamble, but could pay dividends as he has a higher potential ceiling. It also seems like Rollie has gotten him along the right development path and he's excelled under our organization.

I'm stating that I'd rather have had Lack come in as the starter. Never used the word established.

I'll concede on the second point as it was not well stated. On paper, Miller fetches the higher return. But with his limited no trade clause and with the majority of teams having an established starter and a good back up it will be quite hard to move him.

I like Miller, I'm glad he's playing here since the team needed some extra confidence after last season. But factoring in Lack and Markstrom's potential, crowding the crease with Miller for 3 years doesn't allow us the opportunity to build them up and deal them for what they could be in the future.

Eddie made some great reaction saves and saw the puck well all night, but he was clearly rattled all game. Shots at his logo were causing juicy rebounds. I always find Lack to be in panic mode, but last night I counted 14 shots that hit him, some in the glove, that he let drop out in front of him. As good as he was last night making the original save, we were lucky not to see several of those pucks in the back of the net.

Archived