The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Leafs have no shame... TANKING as fast as they can

*Buzzsaw*

I'm surprised there are any fans going to Leafs games at all.

Any self respecting fan of the game would wear a paper bag over his head if he showed up.

This team and its management have no class or shame, it is so obviously the coach has been told to do everything he can to lose.

Why there is not more of an uproar in the province of Ontario about this tells you how low the character of the game has become there.

Basically the Maple Leafs organization is prepared to bend over and prostitute itself for a chance at the #1 pick.

I don't think I have seen this low a form of behaviour from any organization in the NHL.

Because there's being honorable, and then there's being wise. The Canucks have been honorable since the draft day of the Sedins. Now they're going to retire Cupless. It's no coincidence teams like the Hawks, Kings and Pens are perennial contenders because of their top end talent. Where might they have gotten that talent? Very good question indeed...

I'm surprised there are any fans going to Leafs games at all.

Any self respecting fan of the game would wear a paper bag over his head if he showed up.

Never understood this; why would fans wear a paper bag when they showed up? Can't they possibly choke or suffocate like that?

How are tanking and paper bags related?

EDIT: Nvm I get it now.

Leafs are actually in the perfect position to tank right now. At the draft, if they retain salary on both Kessel+Phaneuf, they could easily get additional first round picks for both of them. Add to the fact, guys like Lupul, Gardiner, Kadri, Winnik all could fetch decent assets. I'd be excited if I was a Leaf fan, cuz the management team has finally decided to take the right steps and rebuild the team properly instead of pretending to be a playoff team. They just need to make sure they put good leadership around the future youth

Because there's being honorable, and then there's being wise. The Canucks have been honorable since the draft day of the Sedins. Now they're going to retire Cupless. It's no coincidence teams like the Hawks, Kings and Pens are perennial contenders because of their top end talent. Where might they have gotten that talent? Very good question indeed...

It's not called wise. Why is it wise? Anyone with an IQ below 100 can tank. Is that suddenly the definition for being wise?

It's called shameless.

Not sure if they are intentionally tanking or not. I mean let's be honest its not like they were a group of world-beaters to begin with....unless of course you believe what TSN and Sportsnet were preaching at the beginning of the season.

Going to be (another) long and bumpy ride for Leafs fans out there. Will it reach Edmonton-like proportions? We can hope.

Archived