The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Winnik to Pittsburgh for Zach Sill + picks + salary retained

lethunder

its a 2016 2nd rounder not a 2015. Leafs didn't get the best return. This years draft his deep as hell and teams don't even want to give up their 2nd rounders.

I think Pittsburgh didn't want to give up their 2nd rounder, because they already gave up their 2015 1st rounder.

I think it had more to do with that, than the depth of the 2015 class.

wow I like Winnik to Pittsburgh but that is a hefty price to make for a third/fourth liner.

Maybe we fine same value with guys like Higgins or Matthias?

I'm sure we would but Toronto is 7th in their division with 53 points.

Vancouver is second with 73 points. Why would Vancouver be sellers?

I'm sure we would but Toronto is 7th in their division with 53 points.

Vancouver is second with 73 points. Why would Vancouver be sellers?

I think making some smart hockey moves wouldn't necesarrily make us sellers.

Higgins is on the decline offensively and we have him till 2018. Yes he's great defensively, but if someone wants to overpay for him (or anyone that we would be willing to part with), we have to a serious look at those trades.

The way our rookies and call-ups have been playing, I would have no fear in trading a couple of our roster players for prospects and picks if anyone is willing to overpay.

i don't see vancouver trading players for picks this year.
if vancouver dose make trades it will be for players/close to NHL ready prospects.

but really with the farm stocked and utica keeping us winning, while 3/4 top defensemen are out plus 2 2nd liners, and our 3rd line centre have all been injured.
Our team has the depth, we may even have some to spare for a team who thinks this year they are contenders.
We are not sellers and won't be doing Higgins for a 2nd, ;) but maybe (total pipe dream) we do Higgins+ and a 2nd, for Griffin Reinhart.

And they still won't win the cup.

Agreed. With Fleury's recent playoff runs, I don't see them going far. Plus, if any team watches when the Flyers play them or the Isles play them, you know how to beat them. You play a physical game with the stars and hotheads like Downie and Lapierre will do something stupid as well and they are done.

wow I like Winnik to Pittsburgh but that is a hefty price to make for a third/fourth liner.

Maybe we fine same value with guys like Higgins or Matthias?

Ya over payment in my eyes as well. Will bring much needed depth to pit tho. And I wouldn't trade Matthias, I would really love the necks to try to sign him, as he seems to have really found his game this year. And only trade hig if the price is really right, like an easy win trade for us. He brings good leadership and is producing. I wouldn't mind however seeing what Richardson could fetch.

A big price for the Pens, I don't think Winnik's worth it.

Good trade for the Leafs. (Feels weird saying that)

it is a good trade only if the leafs know what to do with the picks... i bet they will pick some busts who will not play a single game in the nhl.. ;p

Archived