The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Nucks begin talks with Dorsett regarding new deal; Richardson, not so much

Have a feeling these will be the top 3 lines next season:

Dank - Hank - Kass

Burrows - Bonino - Vrbata

Kenins - Horvat - Hansen

4th line consisting of Matthias/Dorsett/Vey/Gaunce or an FA/Virtanen if he gets his 9 games/Shinkaruk. Higgins I just don't see with the team moving forward.

trading away Mathias can be a mistake. He fits this teams mold, but trading Higgins to a contender in the East should be a must!

Why trade Higgins now if it seems teams are only giving 2016 picks. Might add well keep him and the depth for the play offs and revisit next deadline. If it's for a 2015 2nd I'm all for it but don't think it's wise to kill our depth without getting something back we can use sooner

Why trade Higgins now if it seems teams are only giving 2016 picks. Might add well keep him and the depth for the play offs and revisit next deadline. If it's for a 2015 2nd I'm all for it but don't think it's wise to kill our depth without getting something back we can use sooner

Yep. Higgins would make most sense after the season is done. Offseason or before next trade deadline.

@News1130Sports:

Hearing the #Canucks have started talks with Derek Dorsett about a new contract. Dorsett is a UFA this summer if not re-signed.

@News1130Sports:

1.6 million is Derek Dorsett's AVV - he's making 2 million dollars this season. #Canucks.

@News1130Sports:

Brad Richardson also a UFA, his agent Mark Guy says : "We have not begun any formal contract discussions at this time." #Canucks

As expected by most. Brad is a great depth player and brings a lot to the table (faceoffs, PK, leadership) but Bo has shown he can take over his spot. Horvat will be 3rd C next year in all likelihood.

Dorsett, hope he doesn't get anymore than $1.5 mill and 2 years. He is the engine to the bottom 6 a lot of the times but we can't get too high on him and overpay. Kings just signed Jordan Nolan to $950K and he's younger, bigger, faster, cheaper. Kind of like what we did this year with so much competition on the bottom 6, should try to keep it that way and let players work for their time. Younger the players the better as they have more potential to move up the depth chart, like how Matthias, Kassian, and Kenins have done so.

Anyways, I'll be pleased as long as Willie isn't part of the Dorsett negotiations :lol:

He's making 1.6 and is having a career year, really doubt he signs for more than 1.6....unless it's like a 4-5 years terms, which won't happen.

2-3 years in between 1.6 and 2.0M is my guess. Is it worth it? Well for 2 years, with rookie contracts of Clendining, Corrado, Horvat, Jensen, Kenins, I think we can afford it.

Like Kesler, Higgins is worth more by the TDL in trade than the off-season. Difference being, if it's believed he's sufficiently more valuable to the Canucks in their playoffs now.

Don't disagree with you for the most part but the rumored Kesler deal of Sutter 1st and Dumoulin isn't as good as what we got in my opinion. Pretty close

corrado, kenins, clendening need to be resigned as well

Plus Stanton, Sbisa, Weber and Vey.

Lots of RFAS this year. I don't think any can clear waivers either.

Out if those 7 the only one I see them letting walk is weber. Lots of decisions to make come trade deadline/offseason For Benning especially if we tank in the first round or don't make it. Can't ice the same team If that happens.

@News1130Sports:

Hearing the #Canucks have started talks with Derek Dorsett about a new contract. Dorsett is a UFA this summer if not re-signed.

@News1130Sports:

1.6 million is Derek Dorsett's AVV - he's making 2 million dollars this season. #Canucks.

@News1130Sports:

Brad Richardson also a UFA, his agent Mark Guy says : "We have not begun any formal contract discussions at this time." #Canucks

As expected by most. Brad is a great depth player and brings a lot to the table (faceoffs, PK, leadership) but Bo has shown he can take over his spot. Horvat will be 3rd C next year in all likelihood.

Dorsett, hope he doesn't get anymore than $1.5 mill and 2 years. He is the engine to the bottom 6 a lot of the times but we can't get too high on him and overpay. Kings just signed Jordan Nolan to $950K and he's younger, bigger, faster, cheaper. Kind of like what we did this year with so much competition on the bottom 6, should try to keep it that way and let players work for their time. Younger the players the better as they have more potential to move up the depth chart, like how Matthias, Kassian, and Kenins have done so.

Anyways, I'll be pleased as long as Willie isn't part of the Dorsett negotiations :lol:

I don't know if that's a fair comparison, Dorsett's much more valuable, and doesn't take cheap shots and turtle.

If we can sign Dorsett to around 1.5M that would be great. I also don't want to lose Richardson, wasn't he 5th in team scoring when he went down? I think a lot of people tend to forget that since he's been out for so long.

Archived