The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(E5) Sedins Have Been Contaminated with...

apollo

I agree the Sedins aren't "soft" and are more tougher than people give them credit for. Definitely class individuals in my book.

That being said, Sedin should've fought back whan Marchand was speedbagging him. Boston was up 5-2 with 90 seconds left in the game, they had the game won. Getting a powerplay at that point would've done no good. What was important imo at that point was setting the tone for game 7.

And Boston did exactly that,crashing into Schneider when they didn't really need too, and a rookie punching one of the top players in the league that year.They were also firing the puck at Luongo during the warm-up, along with skating over the red-line during the warm-up. All that was to intimidate the Canucks, and get into their heads. And they succeeded, considering how the Canucks played in game 7.

If Dank had fought Marchand it might've fired up the Canucks for game 7, and the result might've been different. I'm just guessing here,but seeing a leader of the team get clowned like that could've had a more negative effect on their confidence.

It might also have got him a concussion. Would that have been worth the price? I don't agree.

We didn't lose because the Bruins were tougher, we lost because we were decimated by injuries. It was a miracle some of our players could even play never mind stand up to some of the cheap tactics the Bruins adopted.

I regret the loss but I have no complaints about the Canucks desire, toughness or character.

Sorry, looks like we have to agree to disagree on this issue.

Would Daniel have gotten a concussion? Perhaps,but unlikely, Marchand isn't exactly a feared fighter,I'm pretty sure Sedin could've pounded on him. It's worth the low risk of getting a concussion if it means firing up the team and possibly giving them confidence heading to game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals.

I've been a fan of the Canucks and have been following them and hockey in general for 30+ years, and I've never seen a team so intimidated than the Canucks were in that series. When Boston cranked up the physicality in game 3, the Canucks were totally taken off their game. This normally fast puck possession team all of a sudden stopped skating,made panic plays in their own end,and at times were afraid to touch the puck.

Physical play and lack of toughness were the Canucks weaknesses that year,and Boston exploited it to a T.

• 4 weeks later...

Last night again was a prime example... Wheeler crosschecks Daniel and the next shift Tanev goes back at wheeler and Daniel joins and gives him a death glare too.

The LA game too... Sedins tougher than nails. HENRIK STEAM ROLLS THAT PUNK QUICK.

The sedins are tougher and better than ever

ELITE.

Daniel is only ten points from the nhl lead. Everyone that called them stale has 0... And I mean absolutely 0 ho key iq. These are elite, generational talents we're talking about.

When was the last time either Sedin ran over someone ? Goalies don't count! When was the last time either one threw a solid crushing body check ?

All of the above logic and Sedin strategy is good. And I firmly believe that the Sedins as individuals are clearly a top the pile when it comes to moral character! I have enjoyed watching the Sedinery since they first showed up for the Team eons ago.

The problem is that as we all witnessed in 2011, it wont win you a Stanley Cup !!!

You don't win Stanley cups for being the greatest character or ambassadors in hockey. You win Stanley cups by knocking teeth out and scoring goals.

How did we win the Nashville series ? Kesler ran over every single Predator they threw at us! That's how !

How did we beat the Dallas stars or Maple leafs in 94' ? We ran them into the ice and through the glass !

How did Boston beat us in 2011 ? They ran us over ! That's how !

That's how Stanley Cups are won!!!

Always have always will be.

If you think otherwise, then go ask the LA Kings how Stanley cups are won.

All things with a grain of salt and all things are relative.

I firmly believe we would have beat Boston in 5 games if it were not for the Aaron Rome hit. that is because until that hit they were not giving any shove back. We were dazzling them and shutting them down. That is until they woke up and started to play the body on us and the Sedins.

The rest is history.

Classic example, however I strongly condemn the ethics.

Mark Messier already had 5 SC rings. In game 6 against us he knew you win cups by knocking out the other opponent. That's why he gave Linden a Kicking. He was gonna do what ever it took to beat his opponent down. And he did. Got himself cup #6.

Like I say I think that act by Messier is absolutely despicable. But it does show the strategy that is employed and needed to a large degree in order to be truly successful in ones quest for the CUP !

Hockey is dirty at least come playoff time.

There's nothing 'tough' about being big. In fact, being big may prevent you from ever having to be 'tough', because you don't face the same adversity that smaller players do. It is adversity that makes someone 'tough'. To equate size with toughness is illogical.

The Sedins are neither big, nor particularly strong. At the same time, neither of these qualities are particularly good measures of 'toughness'. Being tough is getting rocked every single shift yet still putting 3 points on the board. Rocking someone every shift shows you're big and/or strong, but that's it.

The problem is its open season on the Sedins, always has been, because they don't make anyone think twice about it. Everyone in the league knows you can hit and knock them as much as you want with impunity. Oh sure they can take a beating but that doesn't deter anyone from laying a beat down on them.

Maybe if Kassian started to pummel anyone who even looked at them. That could help if were not just stuck on the PK for ever.

But come playoff time the only way to make the room for them to use there Sedinery effectively is for they themselves to make people think twice about trying to take liberties on them. If guys know the Sedins will dish it back even more than they take, then people will give them the room. Forsberg was not one to just take it. Neither should the Sedins.

I think the some of the reason the League turns a blind eye to the mugging the Sedins receive in the post season is because the Sedins think they should be able to continue playing regular season style hockey. From the day I was born come NHL playoff time the regular season rules get thrown out the window and it really is a contest of survival of the fittest.

We can complain about it all we want but that is the way it has always been.

Perhaps if the Sedins started laying guys out. not only would they deter a lot of the abuse they take, but even maybe they might get a little bit more support from the refs.

I mean really if the Sedfins started bustin guys noses do you really think opposing players would refer to them as sisters ?

The sport of hockey is what it is. You can not try and force your own ethics onto it and hope to be successful.

Do you really think Pat Quinn would tell them to just keep taking it ? Not on your life !!!

They've actually thrown some semi-frequent good hits this season and have shown a lot more "push back".

Not sure what you're watching.

I agree they have shown a lot more bite this season. Im hoping they take it to the next level come playoff time :)

There's nothing 'tough' about being big. In fact, being big may prevent you from ever having to be 'tough', because you don't face the same adversity that smaller players do. It is adversity that makes someone 'tough'. To equate size with toughness is illogical.

The Sedins are neither big, nor particularly strong. At the same time, neither of these qualities are particularly good measures of 'toughness'. Being tough is getting rocked every single shift yet still putting 3 points on the board. Rocking someone every shift shows you're big and/or strong, but that's it.

That's the whole point if they were tough by your definition they would be wearing SC rings already.

The problem is that with the tougher teams their offence disappears. Hopefully that will change this year!

When was the last time either Sedin ran over someone ? Goalies don't count! When was the last time either one threw a solid crushing body check ?

They've actually thrown some semi-frequent good hits this season and have shown a lot more "push back".

Certainly wouldn't call the Quick incident "steam-rolling". Daniel's actually appeared to have intended to throw a couple body checks on the boards of late, but has either pulled up or missed them. When Kassian's out there Danny gets his headlock-from-behind move on, though...

Last night again was a prime example... Wheeler crosschecks Daniel and the next shift Tanev goes back at wheeler and Daniel joins and gives him a death glare too.

The LA game too... Sedins tougher than nails. HENRIK STEAM ROLLS THAT PUNK QUICK.

The sedins are tougher and better than ever

ELITE.

Daniel is only ten points from the nhl lead. Everyone that called them stale has 0... And I mean absolutely 0 ho key iq. These are elite, generational talents we're talking about.

Wooooo a Daniel death glare

Lol

Archived