The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Jaromir Jagr to Panthers

I don't know why the Panthers did this. An old player and they have no chance of winning the Stanley Cup.

Not everyone who makes the playoffs are up contenders. But you can't just miss the playoffs for 10 years and then automatically become cup contenders.

Good trade for both teams. Panthers young guys get a good mentor and possibly good playoff experience. Devils get some solid draft picks.

guys a stud will play 2 more seasons pass messier howe francis for 2 nd all time scoring not sure how you dont think hes worth a second and a third he has 30 points on a awful devils team that has no offense watch him go on a tear and get panthers in playoffs 2nd rounder and a third can be busts who cares if they get in to playoffs

Jagr was a stud like 20 years ago. Now he is just a cagey veteran. He is useful but I don't expect much.

I love this move by Florida. The price is a little high but having Jagr in the room with all of their young guns during a playoff push will prove invaluable. This reminds me of when the Canucks went after Sundin. It didn't necessarily make the team world beaters but it helped our star players learn a lot towards taking their game to the next level. Of course if this is enough to help Florida pass the bruins that's a pretty good bonus too!

A team that has so many good young assets can afford to give up a 2nd for a guy like Jagr IMO.

Not exactly a move to put them over the top but they will probably make the playoffs if Luongo doesn't injure himself.

Archived