The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Kimmo Timonen to Chicago

This doesn't make Chicago any more of a threat. Who knows if Kimmo can even contribute. We talking about to the Western conference... Ain't not old man's conference

Well, if you understood the basics of Chicago's system you'd realize this was a decent pickup for them. Age and lack of playing time will hurt his speed, but Chicago's D are typically good at handling the puck and passing it up ice. They don't really need to rush up ice. Also, if he's in the defensive zone (which he will start a lot of shifts in with Hjlarmarsson) he won't need to worry about facing offense on the rush, so the lack of speed wouldn't be as bad.

Also, there's absolutely no way you'll say that when the Sedins are in their late 30s.

apollo just because hes old doesnt mean he cant produce. look at jagr he led devils in scoring hes 43 fittest nhler florida is gonna sign him to a 2 yr deal he wants to pass howe and messier why not let him hes a legend

I'm not using his age mainly... Just the fact that he hasn't played a game in ages.

Well, if you understood the basics of Chicago's system you'd realize this was a decent pickup for them. Age and lack of playing time will hurt his speed, but Chicago's D are typically good at handling the puck and passing it up ice. They don't really need to rush up ice. Also, if he's in the defensive zone (which he will start a lot of shifts in with Hjlarmarsson) he won't need to worry about facing offense on the rush, so the lack of speed wouldn't be as bad.

Also, there's absolutely no way you'll say that when the Sedins are in their late 30s.

I might if they have 2 major injuries and sidelined for this long.

Actually no I wouldn't... Kimmo never won a Hart, art Ross or led a team to back to back president trophies

Edit: nice hawks got shutout again. Keep it up and hopefully wild or jets can take them out of the playoffs.

They're not making it to the 3rd round without Kane.

we'll see what they do in the next few days though.

I wouldn't put them as the favourites in a matchup vs the Blues or Preds, but I think it's certainly possible that they find a way.

Especially if they go and add a player like Vermette.

Archived