The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Proposal Toronto and Nucks

Toronto: Trades Tyler Bozak and 3 round draft pick, Toronto Retains 500,000

Vancouver: Chris Higgins, Hunter Shinrariuk, Canucks Conditional 1st if they make it to the Second round otherwise a second.

Higgins is worth the 3rd and I believe that while Hunter might be a good player one day, guys like Bo, Mcann and Jake V are going to all be better players. Hunter"s stats in the AHL are modest and while everyone is scared of Toronto's leftovers Bozak's cap hit and production is quite good. Bones is not a second line center and gives us great depth. Mattias has been playing a lot of wing lately with Bones and can be shifted to the wing.

Thoughts?

I'd like something based on Bonino for Bozak.(Leafs save about 2.3 mill on cap).

This would be coupled with a Tanev deal to TBay/Det for a high pick & good prospect. Enables us to work Bozak's cap, next season. Also deal one of Higgins/Matthias/Dorsett to acquire more picks.

Bozak offers a RH-C who's very strong on the draw.

Henrik

Bozak

Horvat

Matthias/Richardson/Vey(one is dealt by Monday)

Decent centre depth.

Toronto: Trades Tyler Bozak and 3 round draft pick, Toronto Retains 500,000

Vancouver: Chris Higgins, Hunter Shinrariuk, Canucks Conditional 1st if they make it to the Second round otherwise a second.

Higgins is worth the 3rd and I believe that while Hunter might be a good player one day, guys like Bo, Mcann and Jake V are going to all be better players. Hunter"s stats in the AHL are modest and while everyone is scared of Toronto's leftovers Bozak's cap hit and production is quite good. Bones is not a second line center and gives us great depth. Mattias has been playing a lot of wing lately with Bones and can be shifted to the wing.

Thoughts?

No to Bozak yes to Kadri

If we add a prospect like Jensen/Gaunce could we get Kessel with a 6.5 Million dollar salary cap hit?

your kidding right, we want nothing to do with Kessel, look at our prospects we need to add 1-2 good young player(s) who are in their early twenties who will be top 6 guys to support this soon to be(about 3-4 years) juggernaut.

Awful awful awful awful. That would be the biggest fleecing in history.

how so Hunter has no points in the ahl , well 17 in 50 and its the biggest fleece bozak gives you 50 points a year. I do not understand why people think every Canuck prospect is going to be a sniper or super star. Hunter might play in the nhl he may never also though. Biggest fleecing hardly.

bozak is a smurf why would we trade a future sniper in shinkaruk and a first for him geez

6 foot 1 200 pounds? Maybe you think thats small but you must be a giant! Future sniper? Give me a break but, I mean he might turn into a good player, but he might be a total bust. Bozak has a great cap hit and is better than what we have. I am very puzzled by how everyone always thinks prospects are all Crosby's and players with proven track recordz all suck. Hunter might never play in the nhl he has 17 points in 52 ahl games, not exactly a sniper!

I'd rather be going for a top tier prospect, or an elite 1st liner.

Bozak is neither of those things, and doesn't really bring what I feel the team needs.

I'll pass.

I would like to win the powerball and date Jessica Alba, but that ain't reality. I want an elite 1st line centre too, but a b prospect an aging winger and a 20th overall pick is not going to get you one.

No way give em shink and the first. It's just not worth it. No need to jump the gun here. We're rebuilding on the fly and doing alright. Need to just stay the course and we could be stacked in a few years. Rather than an aging bozak and retiring sedins.

Archived