The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Hawks and Caps talking Sharp trade

Bobby_Lu1ngo

So I'm confused.

How does dumping Sharp coincide with trading for Timonen?

One is going for it, the other fixing their cap and trading for futures (Wilson).

I LOVE Wilson, have him in two keeper pools. But Sharp >>> Wilson... Or > Johansen. Just trying to see logic behind the Black Hawk side. Seems a perfect deal for summer?

Possibly temptation to get something done now when market values are ridiculous...but probably will be more smoke than fire in this case

Sharp has really nosedived from last year, if Chicago can actually get some valuable assets, wow.

Sharp's getting old, i don't think this is an off-year, i mean he's only going to get worse at 33. Watch the Hawks get a top prospect and pick though <_<

They better not get Madison Bowey. I will be PISSED!!!!

I would put Sharp on the 2nd line - Backstrom and Ovie are gonna get theirs with or without Sharp so I would add Sharp to the 2nd line with Johansson, and move him up/load up the 1st line only when the team is trailing in the 3rd period/need to juggle to get the team going

CHI will ask for Johansson but WSH shouldn't do because they need him (to play with Sharp) since Kuznetsov isn't ready for 2C role yet. If you are trading for a 33yr old that means you intend to win now, so keep the more developed center over one with more potential but just isn't there yet

Sharp has really nosedived from last year, if Chicago can actually get some valuable assets, wow.

Sharp's getting old, i don't think this is an off-year, i mean he's only going to get worse at 33. Watch the Hawks get a top prospect and pick though <_<

Sharp's good, but he's no Erat ;)

Ovechkin - Backstrom - Sharp

This would instantly be one of the deadliest, if not the deadliest line in the league. A first line RW is what WSH has needed for years. Ovechkin isn't grttig any younger at 29, and Green's future in WSH isn't looking promising. If I'm Washington, I'd certainly pay up, becasue their young stars, aren't so 'young' anymore.

they would be so easy to score on them but don't get caught they will be cherry picking for goals..

Mark Lazerus@MarkLazerus 6m6 minutes ago

Two sources say Patrick Sharp is in play as trade deadline nears. Sharp has a modified no-trade clause. Caps, Wings intrigued. #Blackhawks

Patrick Sharp's agent, Rick Curran, spoke with GM Stan Bowman on Thursday and was assured #Blackhawks have "no intention" of trading Sharp.

Hossa doesn't have an NTC does he? Why is no one talking about the Hawks moving Hossa. Without an NTC and being the better player he would fetch a better return. He is older which would hurt the return but that would also be a plus for the Hawks in that Sharp probably has more in the tank. From the standpoint of Buffalo/Edmonton I would be extremely intrigued by Hossa. They've both got a really young group that could use a veteran to lead the way on the ice, someone to take the load/pressure off their youth, and they are both primed to become contenders with the addition of McDavid or Eichel. Teams like Calgary and Florida could also be interested. Budding young teams, similar (but not as good) as Chicago was when they signed Hossa who by adding a significant player like Hossa can bump their team into contender status.

Where can I see whether or not players have NTCs and what kind of NTCs they have now that cap geek is gone?

Archived