The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] -McMillan,Volpatti,Schlemko,Ericsson,Zepp

Mackcanuck

being traded 3 times in 4 years and playing in only 78 nhl games in 5-6 years since being drafted for someone with that pedigree doesn't ring any alarm bells for those of you hoping to pick up erixon?

being traded 3 times in 4 years and playing in only 78 nhl games in 5-6 years since being drafted for someone with that pedigree doesn't ring any alarm bells for those of you hoping to pick up erixon?

Nope. He immediately becomes one of our best young D prospects.

He was traded from Calgary because he didn't wanna sign there. Then he was the top prospect included in the Rick Nash trade. Then he was acquired by Chicago for one of their best forward prospects because they needed D depth.

If anything it just goes to show that scouts want him, he`s just being buried by teams with too much depth.

When he`s finally given a legit shot, I think he`ll shine.

Nope. He immediately becomes one of our best young D prospects.

He was traded from Calgary because he didn't wanna sign there. Then he was the top prospect included in the Rick Nash trade. Then he was acquired by Chicago for one of their best forward prospects because they needed D depth.

If anything it just goes to show that scouts want him, he`s just being buried by teams with too much depth.

When he`s finally given a legit shot, I think he`ll shine.

which is it?

anyway, the guy is suspect defensively and hasn't shown any offense at the nhl level. being a minus player while putting up ppg numbers in the ahl is disconcerting.

let someone else roll the dice.

I thought from the start that if he couldn't make it in Arizona, then he wouldn't be a fit here. There was no harm in giving him a chance but I'm not sure why JB thought he'd be a fit.

If I take the time to respond to your post... At least read it before you respond back to me as I'm not going to repeat myself because you can't read.

That might have been exactly the point.

We claimed someone we thought we could retain regardless. He can also fill in for us if we need him.

With our injuries and hope to compete for the Calder too, he's a fine fit.

Very well could have been. Although don't the Coyotes have the chance to claim him back to send directly to their farm?

If I take the time to respond to your post... At least read it before you respond back to me as I'm not going to repeat myself because you can't read.

You asked "why not?" and I explained why I thought that. No one's asking you to repeat yourself.

not a bloody chance. Well Biega maybe, but not Weber. Weber >>>>>> Schlemko and or Erixon.

Erixon sucks. only reason for consideration is because of our battered defense.

Doesn't hurt to see. Not like were losing anything.

If they don't play well then back on waivers.

We need to claim Erixon. Big offensive minded D. Send down Biega. If Erixon plays well, trade Weber or Sbisa for a mid round pick. If he sucks waive him. Asset management.

Did Erixon clear yet?

NHL results for waiver wire will be posted at 9:00 AM PST

We need to claim Erixon. Big offensive minded D. Send down Biega. If Erixon plays well, trade Weber or Sbisa for a mid round pick. If he sucks waive him. Asset management.

Did Erixon clear yet?

And now back in the real world where people know what they are talking about............ :picard:

Did Erixon clear yet?

There is one game left before the trade deadline. A game in which he probably won't get a chance to play in given that this team likes players to practice with the team before they slot in. He wouldnt even be a part of the morning skate and there always seems to be visa issues with players going from an American team to a Canadian team. I don't think your plan would work.

I'm not even sure if teams can even continue to waive/claim players after the deadline. Given all that, it would appear Chicago might deserve a little credit for the timing of this.

Archived