The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Van-Washington

Shink

To Washington: Higgins($2.5mill), Richardson($1.2mill), 2016 2nd round pick, Brendan Gaunce

To Vancouver: Madison Bowey, Brooks Laich ($4.5mill) (cap dump reasons)

I posted a thread similar to this one that was off on value. Is this a little closer?

Richardson + they get alittle cap relief to maybe make a trade (rumored to be after sharp)=Laich

Higgins + 2016 2nd round pick + Gaunce= Madison Bowey

This way we won't have to focus on defense in this upcoming draft in the early rounds and instead we can do that in the 2016 draft. Also some of you may not want to trade Gaunce or our high picks but we can always make a trade later on to reaquire a 2016 2nd round pick at the deadline or draft ect. Also we have many center prospects/rookies: Horvat, Mccan, Cassels, Fox ect. which can make one of them like Gaunce expendable.

Argue away.

Bowey would be nice, but geez we give up a lot only to take on a cap dump along with him. Laich has two more years on his deal as well, I don't think I'd do that.

Do you think we are giving up a bit too much? Would it be fair if we took out gaunce or the 2nd round pick?

Take out Higgins and I think it's fair. I'd really like Bowey in the prospect pool. He's got #1/2 potential, and just imagine if Kylington fell to us in the draft (I'm super keen on him)

Kylington-Bowey

Subban-Tanev

Stanton-Clendening

Corrado

Not a bad pool of prospects

I think it would be better for them if we took out the 2nd round pick or gaunce as they need immediate help in the playoffs. They look like they could do really well this year especially if they can land sharp.

Do you think we are giving up a bit too much? Would it be fair if we took out gaunce or the 2nd round pick?

But then you take out the young pieces that Washington might actually like. Not that there's anything wrong with Richardson, but he's a pending UFA, and Higgins is an over 30 player declining a little offensively. On top of that, they don't particularly need either of those players at this point, even if they'd be slight upgrades on players they do have.

In other words, Washington would decline to give up Bowey for for that unless they feel their hand is absolutely forced into having to dump a contract and they have no other takers.

Archived