The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Patrick Wiercioch an option for the Canucks?

http://senators.nhl.com/club/m_player.htm?id=8474605

This is an interesting case. I always thought this guy was a highly thought of player but It seems Ottawa has been scratching him often and is now their #7/8 defenceman. Despite his underlying numbers suggesting he is a legitimate top 4 defenceman he is being buried by this franchise.

I pose this idea because he's a big (6'5") defenceman who shoots left, skates well, and has good offensive tools. He is only 24 years old and we are in need of left denfence. He is a local boy and is similar to Cody Franson in terms of style of play.

http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_statistics.php?c=0+1+3+5+4+6+7+8+13+14+29+30+32+33+34+45+46+63+67&ds=1&f3=PATRICKWIERCIOCH&f1=2014_s+2013_s+2012_s+2012_p+2010_s

He does get high OZ% starts against low QOC. However his PDO has never been below 1000 this year he is sitting at 1012 so he has been consistently been playing better than his stats say he is especially since he is only averaging bottom pairing ice time just over 14 minutes a game.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B-4OVkRVEAA1Ebr.png:large

I pulled this off of CanucksArmy

It appear that he is at the very least a #4 defenceman and a potential top 2 guy.

I don't know why he has lost favour in Ottawa but I would love the Canucks to pick him up. I do believe even when the Canucks are healthy on the blueline they could really use this guy on the powerplay and for 5 on 5 possession and zobe entries (which is one of the canucks biggest problems). In conclusion I think this guy is one of the most underrated defenceman in the league.

If you would like to take a look at Canucks Army to see what they say about him here is the link:

http://canucksarmy.com/2015/2/28/canucks-trade-deadline-2015-does-trading-zack-kassian-make-sense.

I wish gretzky would come out of retirement..

I wish Bure never had his knee injury so that after he was done in New York, he could come play with the sedins. Just Imagine that,

Sedin-Sedin-Bure

The best playmaker and best goal scorer in canucks history all on one line. Bure was 39 years old when 2011 happened. Imagine 2011 with Bure.

Wait - really..?

That's actually kinda funny - I mean, not for you, that sucks for you.. but like... which Canadian Tire? Lol.

Yes this really happened haha... Canadian Tire Center is the new name for Scotiabank place where the Sens play... I live in Ottawa.

Murray said he doesn't want a rental so I suppose the Canucks would have to give up a young player or prospect along with possibly another piece. I would assume Ottawa is looking for forwards which we have a surplus of. It looks like they could use left wing help.

He's kinda like Clendening and Tanev, skill-wise. Taller, but lanky.

Another year at 2.7mil.

Probably not worth trading for outright. Could be part of a bigger package that sends a vet the other way.

Probably a #4 guy long-term. Slim chance for top-pair. We have a lot of those guys.

This is a proposal, although a long one linking to a blog. But there's a proposals section here.

@ on the cycle: Leddy says OUCH! :lol:

I did say lower end. When Leddy was with Chicago his underlying numbers showed he was a top pairing guy playing 3rd pair minutes. Wiercioch is a very good top 4 guy playing bottom pairing - depth defenceman minutes. He can be a #3 guy with the potential to be a below average #2 guy in terms of possession and his career PDO.

canucks don't seem to want 4 high priced d on this team....exit garrison...if tanev want in the 4 million range, the either he goes or one of the other 3....goes...i'ld have to think it would be tanev or bieksa if he'll wave his no trade clause.

our left side d are edler, hamhuis, sbisa and stanton...where would he fit in there?

canucks don't seem to want 4 high priced d on this team....exit garrison...if tanev want in the 4 million range, the either he goes or one of the other 3....goes...i'ld have to think it would be tanev or bieksa if he'll wave his no trade clause.

our left side d are edler, hamhuis, sbisa and stanton...where would he fit in there?

Benning knows what he's doing, what do we know?

Archived