The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Prediction : Toronto Gets McDavid

I think the Coyotes win the Draft Lottery and take McDavid. The NHL owned the team for how long and the market needs a Franchise player that will sell tickets, merchandise and build a buzz around Glendale. People will go to Arizona to see him, they will buy his jersey and help revive the hockey team.

I think the Coyotes win the Draft Lottery and take McDavid. The NHL owned the team for how long and the market needs a Franchise player that will sell tickets, merchandise and build a buzz around Glendale. People will go to Arizona to see him, they will buy his jersey and help revive the hockey team.

It's basically a given.

Conspiracy = Florida or Arizona

Pure Suckage = Edmonton or Buffalo

Toronto is probably the last team any non-Leafs fan wants him to go to. Could you imagine the collective media orgy that would inundate our country? The internet would literally break.

Then McDavid pulls an Eric Lindros and refuses to report to the team, lol.

If there was ever a chance for a conspiracy to take place, the most sought after player since Crosby to get drafted will end up on the Leafs via amazing luck in the draft lottery.

Shanny has made his call to Bettman. The association that owns the Leafs have paid their premium for the first overall.

Let's make this interesting. I am willing to beat they won't. Here's the deal if Toronto doesn't get McDavid, you need to change your signature to say "I Brick Tamland like to wear tinfoil hats, oh and Langdon Algur is better than McJesus". You can set your own terms for if you are right.

If it was a conspiracy (which I doubt there is) it would not go to Toronto. Toronto sells its games out no matter what, while the southern markets are struggling to fill their seats. If anything I see it going to either Buffolo or a southern market.

And that's IF the draft is rigged, which its not.

At the end of the day, Edmonton tanked in the wrong years; imo the only notable player they got from tanking was Hall. Yak and Nuge are nothing compared to Tavares, Stamkos, Crosby, Toews, Kane, Mackinnon. Toronto is doing the same.

Tanking is such a waste, I mean look at Calgary. They are competitive in a much shorter time span compared to Edmonton.

They didn't tank in the wrong year. Players like Hall, Yakapov and Nugent Hopkins can be deadly players if the Oilers actually provide them the right environment.

instead, they just switch coach every year while fail to put together a strong supporting group for their players. To sum it up, the management managed the team like they were playing a video game in gm mode.

I hope some 5% or less team gets 1st pick just despite all this obvious tanking by managements. I get that players are not going to lose on purpose, but some of these teams being iced, like come on seriously. Just look at Arizona and Buffalo, they might not win another game this year.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd go with what everyone else is saying, Arizona, however there's Carolina and heck New Jersey might get the lottery and that'd be actually shocking. As bad as Toronto wants to tank, highly doubt the NHL will let McDavid play on a Canadian team.

If there was ever a chance for a conspiracy to take place, the most sought after player since Crosby to get drafted will end up on the Leafs via amazing luck in the draft lottery.

Shanny has made his call to Bettman. The association that owns the Leafs have paid their premium for the first overall.

We must have both sipped the same Kool-aid ... that thought has been 'lurking' since they fired Carlyle. It would expose the League if any proof were ever found/created ... maybe it's what the NHL needs ... a good visceral cleansing from the inside-out.

Exactly.

Just like Crosby saved Pittsburgh from relocation, they will use McDavid to do the same in the desert

Yeah, I really can't see the highest-earning team in the league getting McDavid. TO has shown they'll buy tickets to watch garbage season after season so why waste talent on them? Get a struggling market engaged with a superstar

hmm isnt Bettman supposed to have it out to get the Canadian markets though?? This is what I hate about our fanbase. If Toronto wins it, everyone says rigged. If Southern teams win it, everyone says rigged. If it was rigged, Edmonton would not have won it as much as they did. The draft is not rigged, just accept it. Having said that, of course its possible Toronto wins it... they suck enough this year to deserve it.

hmm isnt Bettman supposed to have it out to get the Canadian markets though?? This is what I hate about our fanbase. If Toronto wins it, everyone says rigged. If Southern teams win it, everyone says rigged. If it was rigged, Edmonton would not have won it as much as they did. The draft is not rigged, just accept it. Having said that, of course its possible Toronto wins it... they suck enough this year to deserve it.

This i agree with i hate the conspiracy theory Canuck fans. I guess Buffalo gets McDavid and Eichel to the oilers lol

I think buffalo is set for 2016-17 year maybe even next year fight for a spot u never know

All the pieces are in place for McJesus to the desert. Scary for us though if he pans out, half of the hype would scare me.

Not going to happen..

He's either going to Edmonton or Buffalo how hard of a concept is that to grasp.

We aren't talking about the NBA here..

Archived