The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anyone else curious?

lumberman

I agree, we are definitely seeing trades being made earlier and earlier each year. I remember when you could wait until the day before or the day of and expect a plethora of activity. It was usually a pretty exciting day.

I really don't understand doing trades earlier. You would think the selling team could get a higher return if they shopped around a bit more and left it closer to the deadline, increasing the pressure on the buying teams. But then again I'm no GM.

I agree, we are definitely seeing trades being made earlier and earlier each year. I remember when you could wait until the day before or the day of and expect a plethora of activity. It was usually a pretty exciting day.

I really don't understand doing trades earlier. You would think the selling team could get a higher return if they shopped around a bit more and left it closer to the deadline, increasing the pressure on the buying teams. But then again I'm no GM.

Earlier trades are working now because if there are more teams in on a player it drives the price higher, but if the selling team waits too long, then some teams would drop out because the price gets too high, so the price could start to drop

If a selling team gets too greedy and waits too long the price could actually go down.

Who knows, There could be some bargains available late Monday.

How is it not obvious what GMJB plan is?

He will hold out for trades that will be considered steals at the deadline because owners and fans want playoff hopes and we have great depth to be a surprise team.

The draft is where we will be big players in the trade market imo.

Trade deadline days have been kind of dull lately.

The guys on TSN and Sportsnet look like fools talking all morning about the same deals over and over and over again.

Trade deadline day has become completely lame and in reality means nothing these days. It is now more like trade deadline week.

I remember taking the day off work to watch deadline day. Now sometimes it's a waste of time to even check the ticker every hour on dl day.

Archived