The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Trade Nick Bonino?

Bonino  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Let me be honest with you guys. He hasn't produced a whole lot since the start of the season. He has 26 points in 54 games playing in the Second line, which is equivalent to the points that Jannik Hansen has, the only difference being that Hansen has played 6 more games. You also have to take into consideration that Hansen is playing on the fourth line with Horvat and Kenins (Great line BTW), and Mr. Bonino on the other hand is playing on the SECOND LINE. Has he lived up to his expectations?

With the post season now approaching, the Trade deadline also approaching, and considering all this..

Should he be traded?

If not Bonino then should Higgins be traded? The situation with Higgins is very similar to that of Bonino.

1.9 million cap hit for 2 more years. HE"S GOING NOWHERE

Pretty much this. Although I don't like him as the 2nd line center. I hope Bo takes the 2nd line center spot next season and Bonino takes 3rd.

Honestly I think Bo will be ready next year, it's his rookie season and he's already shutting down the top guys in the league.

He hasn't met 'expectations' but then again they were unrealistic to begin with. He's less of a player than Kesler and was expected to produce like Kesler with terrible linemates for most of the year. We clearly aren't sellers this year so I'd rather roll with this next year.

Sedin

Horvat

Bonino

Matthias

Pretty much this. Although I don't like him as the 2nd line center. I hope Bo takes the 2nd line center spot next season and Bonino takes 3rd.

Honestly I think Bo will be ready next year, it's his rookie season and he's already shutting down the top guys in the league.

As of right now Horvat looks like he has potential to become a solid second line centre. He is playing with great confidence.

He hasn't met 'expectations' but then again they were unrealistic to begin with. He's less of a player than Kesler and was expected to produce like Kesler with terrible linemates for most of the year. We clearly aren't sellers this year so I'd rather roll with this next year.

Sedin

Horvat

Bonino

Matthias

So you are saying Bonino has terrible linemates, what about when Kesler was in VanCity? I dont see the difference in terms of linemates being good or not. But still Kesler produced a great season in the end.

So you are saying Bonino has terrible linemates, what about when Kesler was in VanCity? I dont see the difference in terms of linemates being good or not. But still Kesler produced a great season in the end.

... that's what I said. Kesler is a BETTER player than Bonino, so expecting Boner to be able to carry a line like Kes did is unreasonable. Kes added the 'umph' to our second line which made it good no matter what. Higgins - Bonino - Burrows is soft, soft soft. Not hard to play against at all.

I voted yes. I like Bones dont get me wrong, but he's not a 2nd line center. If i were JB i would try everything to get Johansen, even if we have to overpay. When the Sedins retire we will be screwed. We will need a #1 center replacement soon.

Bonino + Kassian + 1st for RJ <-- i dont know if thats enough to get it done but something like that.

I voted yes. I like Bones dont get me wrong, but he's not a 2nd line center. If i were JB i would try everything to get Johansen, even if we have to overpay. When the Sedins retire we will be screwed. We will need a #1 center replacement soon.

Bonino + Kassian + 1st for RJ <-- i dont know if thats enough to get it done but something like that.

There's pretty much no way the Canucks will be able to pry Johansen from Columbus without giving them at least one of Horvat, Virtanen, or McCann in return.

In any scenario, $1.9 million is a very manageable cap hit even for a 3rd line centre, like others have said, so it doesn't make too much sense to trade him unless it's for a serious upgrade.

He's eventualy going to end up as our 3rd or even 4th line center and a fantastic PKer. Hopefully he doesn't produce too much offence in his final year so we can re-sign him cheap (he'll be only 28), as a Santorelli-type 3rd line center putting up 40 points.

In 3 seasons time:

Jensen - ? - Virtanen

Shinkaruk - Horvat - Kassian

Sedin - Sedin - Matthias

Gaunce - Bonino - Kenins/Hansen

That top line center spot though is up for Cassels, McCann or our next 1st round picks.

He's nearly at 0.5 points per game, while in a long slump. He was producing like a first liner during his hot streak, and like third liner in his cold streak. Average/fringe second liner offensively, but he's probably our best defensive forward.

I really hope he can develop some chemistry with Vrbata. They could actually form a great second line.

He's nearly at 0.5 points per game, while in a long slump. He was producing like a first liner during his hot streak, and like third liner in his cold streak. Average/fringe second liner offensively, but he's probably our best defensive forward.

I really hope he can develop some chemistry with Vrbata. They could actually form a great second line.

Whatever happened to Higgins-Bonino-Burrows?

Archived