The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Trade Nick Bonino?

Bonino  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Whatever happened to Higgins-Bonino-Burrows?

They haven't really been together since Bonino's hot streak, have they? They were our best 2nd line this season. Bonino and Vrbata looks better on paper though.

Bonino is not better then Hansen.

If you agree with this guy, speak up.

My reasoning behind my statement is fairly straight forward. Hansen has always been an energy player and can ignite the team in one shift as he has countless times the past few seasons. He's also fairly good defensively and a very hard worker on the ice as he puts full effort into every shift he plays. He has the same point total as Bonino so far this season at 26 points. Bonino is ranked 228th out of 465 players who have taken draws in the nhl at an average 48.4% win percentage. Also Bonino isn't very noticeable in games and as a centre that's a bad thing. I don't see much of a kick from him when it comes to his speed either. Yes Bonino is cheaper and a centre which is more valuable then a right winger, but with the work effort, speed and effectiveness of Hansen I think he beats Bonino in value to the team.

My reasoning behind my statement is fairly straight forward. Hansen has always been an energy player and can ignite the team in one shift as he has countless times the past few seasons. He's also fairly good defensively and a very hard worker on the ice as he puts full effort into every shift he plays. He has the same point total as Bonino so far this season at 26 points. Bonino is ranked 228th out of 465 players who have taken draws in the nhl at an average 48.4% win percentage. Also Bonino isn't very noticeable in games and as a centre that's a bad thing. I don't see much of a kick from him when it comes to his speed either. Yes Bonino is cheaper and a centre which is more valuable then a right winger, but with the work effort, speed and effectiveness of Hansen I think he beats Bonino in value to the team.

I totally agree with you, Bonino is not better than Hansen. If compare bonino and hansen with recent matches Hansen stands out more, and Bonino was brought to the Canucks to generate more goals (If you dont agree refer back to the Ryan Kesler Trade All access, on their youtube channel). Hansen has more goals than him, hell even Zack Kassian (Played only 36 games so far) and the Rookie BO HORVAT are catching up to him, with 9 goals each. So this speaks for itself.

I voted yes. I like Bones dont get me wrong, but he's not a 2nd line center. If i were JB i would try everything to get Johansen, even if we have to overpay. When the Sedins retire we will be screwed. We will need a #1 center replacement soon.

Bonino + Kassian + 1st for RJ <-- i dont know if thats enough to get it done but something like that.

I hate to tell you Ryan Johansen is going no where, there is nothing on the Canucks roster that could get RJ.

Bonino goes nowhere. With a cap hit as small as his, he can fit into multiple different plans. To expect him to replace Kesler? Um, weren't there a couple of other players involved in that trade?

Bonino becomes the 3rd line C next year; kills penalties, scores the odd goal, hopefully has linemates that score once in a while. His production this year came at the same time the whole team started forgetting how to score. Higgins went into the tank, so did Burrows. Yeah both kept playing hard, and played relatively decent "D", but...relatively decent D and no goals didn't cut it. Give Bonino and his line mates (my preference would be Higgins and Gaunce or Jensen next year, probably Jensen) around 12 minutes a game, along with primary PK. If he gets better at faceoffs, then he gets re-upped in his contract year. If not, maybe trade bait as a rental in his final year. Just not this, or next, year.

I would. But can see why Benning won't.

2nd line C is a big role to fill. There's really no option of moving Bonino with no replacement.

The Kesler for Bonino & Sbisa trade only works out in VANs favor in the long run if they keep developing..... One would assume Benning wants that trade to be seen as a win and he's wiling to invest more than 1 season in evaluation.

Archived