The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade]Glencross to Washington for 2nd 2015, 3rd 2015

Dayumm JB should be selling too for the prices these 3rd liners are getting.... 2nd and 3rd in a deep draft is going to be valuable for their rebuild.

Trade Matthias for a 1st, Higgins and Richardson for 3rds. Promote the Horvat line to th 3rd, callback up Mcmillan.

D.Sedin - H.Sedin - Kassian

Vrbata - Bonino - Burrows

Kenins - Horvat - Hansen

Mcmillan - Vey - Dorsett

Going to be difficult to trade Higgins to the East, all playoff teams are looking pretty deep with bottom six forwards.

At this price, I really hope a deal gets done. Would be nice if this starts a domino effect of teams in the East looking for defensively responsible 3rd liners who log lots of PK minutes. Canucks have a lot of those.

It amazes me, how many of you blokes criticize me for suggesting trading Vrbata, or Hamhuis, etc, and now are falling all over yourselves because other teams are collecting picks......pathetic

Funny thing is, we would probably get in whether we did or didn't......and then we would get booted 1st round whether we did or didn't.

Oh....look at all those teams intentionally "TANK".........I haven't heard or seen one of you guys say what these other teams are doing is bad.........it would pretty stupid to troll an NHL gm.........man!

The pressure you guys (CDC and ticket holders) create in general is what dictates which way the Canucks go.............live with it!

It amazes me, how many of you blokes criticize me for suggesting trading Vrbata, or Hamhuis, etc, and now are falling all over yourselves because other teams are collecting picks......pathetic

Funny thing is, we would probably get in whether we did or didn't......and then we would get booted 1st round whether we did or didn't.

Oh....look at all those teams intentionally "TANK".........I haven't heard or seen one of you guys say what these other teams are doing is bad.........it would pretty stupid to troll an NHL gm.........man!

The pressure you guys (CDC and ticket holders) create in general is what dictates which way the Canucks go.............live with it!

Holy….

Try light roast tomorrow.

The issue likely is that Higgins is signed for 2 more years @ 2.5 million. Unless its a hockey trade, lots of teams dont want to be taking on salary beyond the end of this year not knowing what the cap will be. This makes Higgins trade value less imo, we'd likely get a similar player back with close to same term and money.

The issue likely is that Higgins is signed for 2 more years @ 2.5 million. Unless its a hockey trade, lots of teams dont want to be taking on salary beyond the end of this year not knowing what the cap will be. This makes Higgins trade value less imo, we'd likely get a similar player back with close to same term and money.

I disagree with that statement if the team has expiring contracts.

Higgin's deal provides cost certainty and allows a team to scratch off another roster spot in ink. If they have him pegged as the 7th or 8th forward on the team, which is extremely reasonable given he earns league average, and they have a couple of value contracts elsewhere in their line-up then he's a solid acquisitions. It solves the issue of needing to replace that in UFA.

Regardless of where the cap goes Higgins contract is good value and could allow a GM to spend more on another player, and it's for two more years.. That might be the main reason we don't move him.

That's true, right?

Something to do with the roasting process and how much weight is in the bean? I had heard that.

But… yeah… sleep and lay off the espresso shooters.

Yah, something like, dark roasted beans are roasted longer thereby cooking out more of the caffeine while creaiting more flavor, while light roasted beans are roasted for less time resulting in not as much flavor but but they retain more of the caffeine.

Anyhow...Capitals eh...

I love Matthias and he's our 2nd leading goal scorer. He's really taken a big step in his career this year.

That said, I would take a 1st for him in this draft in a heartbeat. Most NHL teams wouldn't pay that however.

So move the cap that we have to and keep him.

Yeah that's how I'm feelin. I'd trade him for a first but it's not likely going to happen. If he'd been on fire all season, probably but he's only really turned it on in the last half.

I am totally cool with making room for him too though. He really looks like he's found his stride with us. Also with only having a half season of solid production he might not command an insane raise. Give him a Higgins like contract and we maybe we can get that burrows like value when we were only paying him 2.

Dayumm JB should be selling too for the prices these 3rd liners are getting.... 2nd and 3rd in a deep draft is going to be valuable for their rebuild.

Trade Matthias for a 1st, Higgins and Richardson for 3rds. Promote the Horvat line to th 3rd, callback up Mcmillan.

D.Sedin - H.Sedin - Kassian

Vrbata - Bonino - Burrows

Kenins - Horvat - Hansen

Mcmillan - Vey - Dorsett

Then we miss the Playoffs the owners loose millions and the team wonders why they bother trying on a team that sells out on them while they are playing their butts off with major injuries. Just to stay in Playoff contention.

Benning won't move any veterans or any UFA's; it's obvious. The best thing that can happen tonight, I'm sorry, but "go blues go blues." The Blues, need to beat this team convincingly showing Benning something we all see.

So go Blues go Blues. I want some draft picks!!!!!!!

I seriously don't believe anyone sees what you see.

Benning won't move any veterans or any UFA's; it's obvious. The best thing that can happen tonight, I'm sorry, but "go blues go blues." The Blues, need to beat this team convincingly showing Benning something we all see.

So go Blues go Blues. I want some draft picks!!!!!!!

unfortunately our luck does not dictate this as we play in pacific an sharks an flames slide out,if they were hot then maybe as central collects the wildcards.Its kinda like super bowl call to throw on one yard line and not run it in with best rbs .I am referreing to the management drinking their own coffee an not sharing it ,what good is it if no one knows?.The team in my mind may have just handcuffed itself an the team again even though they made the best call again.We roll with this same roster for another year sadly ,while there was an infussion of few new players who were young this team will not get out of west period our talent is so marginal we defaulted in this years playoff race.Why JB cannot sell some of the obvious assets that have to moved out is beyond me. an some one likes there morning coffee.

Sharks are falling out of the race. Flames are falling too and now they've lost Glencross and Giordano. Looks like the top eight are separating. No way we miss the playoffs now.

lol. While all of that is happening the wild and kings have gone on crazy winning streaks. LA plays us three times before the season ends (and we all know how we haven't beaten them in literally years). Considering our record gets much much tougher and theirs gets easier, it's almost guaranteed they pass us with the way they are playing us right now.

That leaves us to fight for the final wild card spot with MInny. And they also have a much easier schedule then we do.

I think there is a high chance we miss the playoffs given how both Minny and LA are playing right now. LA is after all the former cup champs and they have been under performing all season.

Archived