The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Proposal: Vey and a pick

Before you get banned.

In what world does this make us better?

Older player, bigger cap, about as redundant as you can get for a better younger player and a pick.

Calm down there sunshine, you might make it through the day if you do some constructive thinking before writing names down in trade proposals

Before you get banned.

Older player, bigger cap, about as redundant as you can get for a better younger player and a pick.

Calm down there sunshine, you might make it through the day if you do some constructive thinking before writing names down in trade proposals

Just not sold on Vey as a player in Canucks systems. I would prefer a player who didn't want to leave Vancouver in the first place. Santorelli would be a perfect fit.

Just not sold on Vey as a player in Canucks systems. I would prefer a player who didn't want to leave Vancouver in the first place. Santorelli would be a perfect fit.

He's a rookie player. he's on pace for above 30 points. He is creative and a solid prospect.

You'd trade that for an older player more expensive, redundant. Like a flashier Higgins whom we are trying to get rid of.

You do not trade young talent for old redundancy.

Period.

Before you get banned.

This dude has officially usurped janisahockeynut as the poster of stupidest proposals on CDC in two posts. I guess we can expect more of this over the next 26 hours.

Trying to trade Higgins. Ok. put Higgins in the deal instead of Vey then

MUCH mroe reasonable. Still no reason for Nashville to do this. Trading a younger more offensive and faster Higgins for...an older less flashy slower Higgins.

Think about it

I know Vey is a rookie. And yes he is capable of 45-50 pts in a season. However I prefer a grittier style of player in the role that Vey has. Horvat, Santorelli, and Richardson all fit that profile. Higgins does not. Vey does not. Higgins hasn't scored since forever. Vey scored at the beginning of the season and then disappeared.

Yep.

Trade a younger player in Vey who has more potential than Santorelli ever had. Great trading method? Acquire an older player for a younger player, especially when half of our team is over 30 years old!

Makes lots of sense right?

Archived