The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Erik Cole to Detroit

Don't know much about the prospects going to Dallas, but you can bet they will be good if Jim Nill wanted them.

Janmark-Nylen is highly regarded likely get more of a shot with Dallas weaker prospect pool.

Backman I understand left the AHL as he felt he is near NHL ready and like Almquist before him didn't see much chance getting into the Red Wings lineup. I'd argue he has a better chance playing in Dallas.

Appears to be two solid prospects, a little surprised both were involved for this rental.

Mike Hunt was actually a pretty solid D but when paired with Clitsome those two were in perfect synchronicity. It was actually the dreaded Finger/Clitsome pairing that would get quite sloppy in their own zone. Yet when Finger joined Mike Hunt on the back end, it seemed to remedy the situation.

Mike Hunt was actually a pretty solid D but when paired with Clitsome those two were in perfect synchronicity. It was actually the dreaded Finger/Clitsome pairing that would get quite sloppy in their own zone. Yet when Finger joined Mike Hunt on the back end, it seemed to remedy the situation.

That seems like a shocker of a line change

That seems like a shocker of a line change

Well the shocker actually was Mike Hunt getting used to the relentless work effort and vigorous tenacity of Finger, Clitsome was already well aware that it could be an issue. But seeing as Mike Hunt had already been warmed up playing with Clitsome, the transition was seamless. From that point on the pairing Mike Hunt and Finger were inseparable. The rest is history.

• 1 month later...

I knew this trade from the start was bad....just became worse now

Red Wings Cole out for season with spinal injury: Red Wings forward Erik Cole will miss… http://19FTW.in/9JS8z5 via @wxyzdetroit #RedWings

Red Wings' Erik Cole out for season with spinal contusion http://thesco.re/1E64E4G

Archived