Line-Up After the Trade Deadline

JamesB

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Matthias - Bonino - Vrbata

Higgins - Richardson - Burrows

Kenins - Horvat - Hansen

Dorsett Vey

Would be my forward lines*

Willie D. will rather take a bullet in the chest then bench Dorsett and Vey. The medicine hat boys will stay in the lineup just like Raymond and Rome did with AV.

Shinkaruk-COR-Baertschi

Conacher-Gaunce-Jensen

Zalewski-Acton-Grenier

Hamilton-Friesen-Bancks

DeFazio/Kennedy

Sanguinetti-Andersson

Pedan-Blain

Biega-Huskins

Ehrhardt

Eriksson

Nagle/Cannata

Okay, so just so everyone knows, Patrick Kennedy and Brandon De Fazio are normally in the top 9. That's how stocked to the hilt the Comets are.

Willie D. will rather take a bullet in the chest then bench Dorsett and Vey. The medicine hat boys will stay in the lineup just like Raymond and Rome did with AV.

Well praise the Lord for coaches who know more than CDC.

As far as Dorsett and Vey go, energy wins games, even in the playoffs. Dorsett is also one of a mere handful of guys to hold their own with Ryan Reaves.

Kassian didn't play well against STL but had like 10 points in 10 games right before that. Solution? You bench him. Nice.

Lol. Bench Kassian? I think not.

Now I was one of the believers that Kass needed to find some consistency... Well he has found it.. Benching him now would just be counterproductive!

Im a known Kassian doubter, but we need to stick him with the twins to test this experiment.

Okay, guys. I give up. Everyone thinks Kassian stays in the playing roster and probably on the top line. I'll go along.

But if he winds up as a healthy scratch when Burrows and Richardson come back, remember, you heard it hear first. (Well, maybe not first, but you heard it hear.)

One thing that has happened with Kass playing with the Sedins is that they sometimes get trapped for almost an entire shift in the D zone. That rarely happens when they play with Burrows.

Last night I had a rare opportunity (for me) to attend a game in person. I made a point of watching how Kassian plays without the puck (which I cannot really do when watching on TV), He was trying but he has a hard time positioning himself correctly in the D zone. It is not so much a question of winning puck battles as of being close enough to the puck to actually get into puck battles.

Horvat is great to watch. He is always on the right side of the puck in the D zone.

I hope Zack develops into to good power forward, but I can see why Willie is not sold on him yet and I can see why he was (allegedly) being shopped just before the deadline.

Shinkaruk-COR-Baertschi

Conacher-Gaunce-Jensen

Zalewski-Acton-Grenier

Hamilton-Friesen-Bancks

DeFazio/Kennedy

Sanguinetti-Andersson

Pedan-Blain

Biega-Huskins

Ehrhardt

Eriksson

Nagle/Cannata

I would do

Baertschi - COR - Jensen

Shinkaruk - Gaunce - Conacher

DeFazio - Acton - Grenier

Zalewski - Friesen - Hamilton Archibald

Bancks/Kennedy/Hamilton

I would do

Baertschi - COR - Jensen

Shinkaruk - Gaunce - Conacher

DeFazio - Acton - Grenier

Zalewski - Friesen - Hamilton

Bancks/Kennedy

It's tough when there's a wealth of players to choose from. The Canucks are probably happy to have this problem though.

Willie D. will rather take a bullet in the chest then bench Dorsett and Vey.

The medicine hat boys will stay in the lineup just like Raymond and Rome did with AV.

Lame.

Willie coached hundreds of young men in the Hat.He also coached in Dallas,Cedar Park,TX,Japan,Saskatoon and Calgary.

Dorsett has been a great addition and Vey is 12th among all NHL rookies in scoring (top ten/all forwards).

I like kassian, but I don't like him with the sedins, vrbata has not played at his best since switching lines. Remember when everyone thought blitz was the guy?

Hm. Maybe this would work:

Kassian-Sedin-Vrbata

Sedin-Bonino-Burrows

I like kassian, but I don't like him with the sedins, vrbata has not played at his best since switching lines. Remember when everyone thought blitz was the guy?

I thought Bitz played pretty well with the few games with the twins,,,got a couple of goals and taken off....Vrby got a couple of apples lastnight..he isnt playing badly on the 2nd line and was taken off the 1st line to put Burrows there not Kass..but I would imagine Burrows will go back with the twins.

The positives right now are the Sedins are playing well and our 4th line is scoring at a 2nd line rate over the last month. On defense the biggest positive is Edler and Tanev aren't far off, Bieksa is still a long way off and Hammer is back in a big way. We've just been shown our Defense is much deeper than we thought it was, barring another cluster of top 4 d-men going down we are good to go.

The negatives are quite simply the middle 6 and the 2nd powerplay unit and they go hand in hand. Chemistry is certainly a big issue here, when you have 2 lines of the exact same type of players it's not exactly surprising.

As the team gets healthy I'm sure we'll see a lot of different looks in the middle six to try and get some chemistry there. If all goes really well, Baertschi goes to Utica and learns the system then gets a look on the 2nd line with Vrbata. I really think that's a win win scenario.

Archived