The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] 2015 Trade Deadline Winners and Losers

What do you all think? Who were the big winners and who were the big losers?

Winners: Personally, I think that Chicago, Anaheim, Coyotes and Sabres were the big winners this year. Chicago because they take another run at a Cup without giving up a roster player, the Yotes for stockpiling assets, Anaheim for shoring up their D, and the Sabres for continuing the tank job in earnest and acquiring more picks.

Losers: The Leafs. Did nothing major at all.

Honestly I'm very happy with JB. Sven is a great pickup and the Conacher trade was minor so no feathers ruffled there.

You have to think short term the biggest winners are

Anaheim, Chicago and nyr

Arizona did best out of all the tanksquad

anaheim did very well. i like vancouvers deal for baerstchi. if boston can get connolly to become what he has the ability to become then i will change my mind but initially i like the deal for tbay.

cgy edm and tor all fail miserably

Can't imagine anyone thinks Buffalo is a winner after today. Oh boy they are really digging a deep hole for the guys that are left there...

San Jose I feel are doing their moves from the wrong end. The core they have are going Boston right now and that card has been turned in San Jose so many times already...

Winners: Personally, I think that Chicago, Anaheim, Coyotes and Sabres were the big winners this year. Chicago because they take another run at a Cup without giving up a roster player, the Yotes for stockpiling assets, Anaheim for shoring up their D, and the Sabres for continuing the tank job in earnest and acquiring more picks.

If I'm the Leafs, I collect as many 1sts and other draft picks as possible for this year's draft while making sure I don't gain any more points in the season; tank for McDavid, and draft many 1sts.

As Nonuts always does, nothing. Ultimately, it will have cost his job.

On the same token, I don't trust Nonis to make a sound deal or draft well. Maybe it's a good thing that players like Kessel and Phaneuf are still there for the next GM to right that ship.

If in the Leafs, I collect as many 1sts and other draft picks as possible for this year's draft while making sure I don't gain any more points in the season; tank for McDavid, and draft many 1sts.

As Nonuts always does, nothing. Ultimately, it will have cost his job.

On the same token, I don't trust Nonis to make a sound deal or draft well. Maybe it's a good thing that players like Kessel and Phaneuf are still there for the next GM to right that ship.

I think most people figured that any deals for Kessel, Phaneuf and Lupul would have to happen in the off season due to salary cap issues, if they are happening at all. But up to this point Leafs for the most part traded three UFA's and spare parts for a 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th and Leipsic, while clearing out salary in Clarkson and roster spots for College FA's. Their intent was to rebuild and not go deep in the playoffs so in that respect I think they did OK. Have to wait until the draft and the trades they make there to make a final conclusion.

The leafs found a way to dump Clarkson. That's more than a win for them. That's a miracle.

They dumped Clarkson's salary but didn't add a piece in that trade. They got lucky to get out from underneath the cap hit but are actually worse now in the organization for next year and are going to have to pay for UFAs to fill holes. If they overspend again then they gain nothing from the deal.

SJ- did nothing to help there team other than get a 4th line grinder in Ben Smith.

TOR- failed to trade Lupul, Kessel/Phaneuf.

EDM- Didn't get enough in return for that Petry deal. Montreal easily won that.

CAL- Baertschi deal they got fleeced on by us thankfully. Why on earth would they ever trade a player his value to a rival...! lol.

Archived