The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] 2015 Trade Deadline Winners and Losers

What the apparent logic of the pens gm for the lovejoy trade was that lovejoy can play more minutes now. Which makes no sense because lovejoy isn't much better than Despres. Despres is also much younger and has a way higher ceiling. Just a real head scratcher if you ask me

What the apparent logic of the pens gm for the lovejoy trade was that lovejoy can play more minutes now. Which makes no sense because lovejoy isn't much better than Despres. Despres is also much younger and has a way higher ceiling. Just a real head scratcher if you ask me

This years Forsberg for Erat?

Jets gave up very little and got a lot better.

Myers has 6 points in 8 games for the Jets. Bogosian had 13 points in 41 games for the Jets before being traded.

Drew Stafford has 4 points in 8 games for the Jets.

Jiri Tlusty, while only playing 2 games, already has one point.

They also added Jay Harrison a few months ago for defensive depth, and just added Stempniak as a replacement, depth forward.

Did a lot without giving up a lot.

They traded Kane and Bogosian, I would say they did give up alot.

Nobody mentions Montreal? They added depth to one of the top teams in the league... Sure Anaheim is an obvious winner but the Habs are the only real canadian contender and they got better.

I don't think Calgary is a loser either.. Couple decent picks in a deep draft, no significant roster losses... They are infinitely better than the Oilers at rebuilding

They dumped Clarkson's salary but didn't add a piece in that trade. They got lucky to get out from underneath the cap hit but are actually worse now in the organization for next year and are going to have to pay for UFAs to fill holes. If they overspend again then they gain nothing from the deal.

Agreed. That extra cap may help them in the coming years, but they did nothing with that cap space this year. I guess they figure they're out of it anyway, but they don't get to win by being losers.

A number of teams did nothing and really should have, and I can't support the absolute destruction of an NHL roster like Arizona has done, but a few teams got what they wanted so a number of teams did well.

People keep saying Vancouver, but all they improved was the Comets. Baertschi is a good trade that could work out, but they also didn't cash in on any of the overpayments that were going on and they'll need to move some roster players sooner rather than later.

Bogosian is always injured and has a low hockey IQ. Trading him for Myers, who is owed less money and has seven less points than Bogosian already on the Jets in about 44 fewer games.

Getting rid of Kane was addition by subtraction. The fact that they got a player in return who can help now (and is producing) as well as a 1st round pick, Armia, and Lemieux is a clear win.

Trust me, they barely gave up anything.

Not really.

Kane was never going to play for the Jets again, was a nuisance in the locker room, has no hockey IQ or vision, and is a glorified 3rd liner, 2nd at best.

Bogosian, while mostly reliable, has never reached his potential and was injured a lot. While losing him may have been hard, Myers has more than made up for it, especially offensively.

Archived