The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks acquire Sven Baertchi

4everacanuck13

Former 1st rounder #13 pick , Compared to Louis Eriksson and Marian Hossa .

FOR A 2nd rounder

I like this trade, we get a prospect 3 years older than a possible 2nd rounder, Sven has great skills, i watched this guy in Portland, i dont know how hes not an NHL regular, he has very good work ethic, and works hard ( according to Travis Green) His career isnt turning down , because hes still young, I hope this will be a trade that the Flames will regret .

Great prospect pickup

Virtanen, Shinkaruk, McCann, Gaunce, Jensen, Subban, Baertchi, Demko, Hutton, and Cassels

Former 1st rounder #13 pick , Compared to Louis Eriksson and Marian Hossa .

FOR A 2nd rounder

I like this trade, we get a prospect 3 years older than a possible 2nd rounder, Sven has great skills, i watched this guy in Portland, i dont know how hes not an NHL regular, he has very good work ethic, and works hard ( according to Travis Green) His career isnt turning down , because hes still young, I hope this will be a trade that the Flames will regret .

Great prospect pickup

Virtanen, Shinkaruk, McCann, Gaunce, Jensen, Subban, Baertchi, Demko, Hutton, and Cassels

Someone beat u to the topic. This will probably be locked

Time will tell I guess. He's kind of small tho.

I guess size wise its hard for someone to succeed, but you see guys like St Louis, Gionta, Schwartz, Mike Cammaleri, and Derek Roy

IM sure there more guys short but has a great career. we just wish he has the drive to get better

If you are trading a second round pick this is the kind of player the canucks should be trading it for. Carney, weinrich, etc or a 22 year old recent 13 overall offensive Dynamo? No contest. The Canucks win this hands down.

This could be a real top 6 quality guy if he can get to and stick with the Canucks. Makes vey a bit more redundant though imo.

Archived