The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GDT: Around the NHL Week of March (02-06) 2015

Steven Stamkos:

"This is probably the deepest team I've ever played on.We don't rely on one guy or two guys. As a player you don’t want to wait, you want to win now & that’s what we’re trying to do. I love it here. Sometimes it's nice to go into those big cities and you can feel the buzz and stuff, but for the most part you still have that buzz here too, especially when you're winning. The couple times we've been in the playoffs it has been a lot of fun. You have a good team and you're winning and you have the fan support, it's tough to beat a place to play like here. Guys who have come from other organizations and come here can't compliment the treatment we get down here enough."

Mike Green is so adamant about using an Easton Stealth stick, which was discontinued almost 10 years ago, that he's gotten teammate Karl Alzner to ship his 7 year-old Stealth stick stored in British Columbia to Washington. Green says “I’m slowly trying to collect them. I;m open to anything, including eBay, if there’s any out there. New sticks are just not the same. It might be the balance, just sort of the way they had it back then.”

Refusing to forget his past, Travis Hamonic has decided to relive it, over and over again, to honor the memory of a father who died too young, to soothe the pain of a wound that won’t heal, all the while attempting to ease the suffering of others. After every home game New York ‪‎Islanders‬ defenseman Travis Hamonic returns to his locker to do something far more important than anything he will ever do on the ice. He sheds his tough guy persona and welcomes a child he has never met.

Recently acquired ‪Blackhawks‬ Kimmo Timonen says he's "definitely retiring after this season and I'm thinking about getting into coaching. I have a lot of tricks I could teach players". Timonen, who was traded from the ‪‎Flyers‬ at the deadline, missed most of the season with blood clots.

Archived