The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GDT: Around the NHL Week of March (02-06) 2015

There's a strong chance the Winnipeg ‪‎Jets‬ will move their ‪‎AHL‬ affiliate to the MTS Centre this fall for the 2015-16 hockey season.

True North Sports & Entertainment had granted the group operating the St. John’s ‪‎IceCaps‬ a one-year extension last September, taking them through the 2015-16 season in the Newfoundland and Labrador capital.

The extension had been given, in part, to afford the group headed by former N.L premier Danny Williams some extra time to find another NHL affiliation agreement to take the place of the Jets-IceCaps deal.

It appears that has happened. The St. John’s group is believed to have struck an arrangement with the ‪‎NHL‬’s Montreal ‪‎Canadiens‬, who currently operate their AHL affiliate in Hamilton, Ont.

The AHL’s board of governors could approve the new St. John’s deal and the shift of the IceCaps back to Winnipeg at a governors meeting later next week.It’s not known if True North would return its AHL franchise name to the Manitoba Moose, but it seems likely.The Moose were members of the AHL from 2001 to 2011.

Okay I can't help but cheer for the flames, sorry but minus Gio and they're doing this, truly remarkable.

I really hope we play them in the first round, if we can win one of 3 against the Kings I think it's likely

I hate to admit it but i think we have to cheer for the flames at this point... Id rather see Calgary first round than LA

Archived