The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Do we bring Eriksson up?

*Buzzsaw*

Bring Eriksson up and send Markstrom down?  

140 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

After tonight's game, I personally don't think we can risk Markstrom in between the pipes again.

This guy has a history of not getting the job done in the big league... let him go back to the AHL and rebuild his confidence and trade value. (even though I think we'll have a tough time passing him off now after this latest horrible outing)

But the playoff race is just too tight to risk another melt down.

But we can't play Lack every game... he does need spells off... last season proved that.

I think we should bring up Eriksson, and send Markstrom down.

Eriksson has a decent win/loss and save percentage, ok goals against.

GAA 2.71 --- SV 0.904 --- 15W - 9L - 4OT

He is nothing to write home about but could fill in.

You guys are serious?

You think Markstrom can start another game after this one?

3 goals on the first 4 shots?

Are you serious? You really think it was a good decision giving him to the Sharks instead of Buffalo or Arizona?

hey enough of you Canuck fans judging Markstorm based on one game. I admit Markstorm played bad tonight, but he is still a good goaltender. Give him time and stop trying to run him out town.

Furthemore, go talk to fans of Utica, for they have seen how valuable Markstorm is in net. Give him time, confidence will go a long way. The two goals were not his fault, and the third goal was his fault, but then again why didn't the defence clear the puck?

Take a look at the 2nd goal, why didn't the defence clear it?

the first goal was a snipe shot and it's a 50/50 he could of played out more

kid just needs confidence, so be patient.

You guys are serious?

You think Markstrom can start another game after this one?

3 goals on the first 4 shots?

Ben Bishop finally became a starter after more than 8 years of development time. He started off horrible, but gradually worked his way up to the starter of the lightning. So don't write off Markstrom just yet.

no you over-reactionary idiots calm down

akQUljs.png

simple chance to clear the puck up the boards or make literally a straight-forward pass that a peewee player can make but weber gets rubbed out and then you have hamhuis and vey making love in front of the net.

R3lKHth.png

leads to a crossbar and in perfect shot accompanied by vey's excellent screen.

DQ586di.png

what does markstrom do here? you have a player lying down on the ice, five canucks players around him don't touch him. Markstrom is central in his net. Do you want him to lie down?

third goal was a bad rebound, i'm not going to argue that.

no you over-reactionary idiots calm down

akQUljs.png

simple chance to clear the puck up the boards or make literally a straight-forward pass that a peewee player can make but weber gets rubbed out and then you have hamhuis and vey making love in front of the net.

R3lKHth.png

leads to a crossbar and in perfect shot accompanied by vey's excellent screen.

DQ586di.png

what does markstrom do here? you have a player lying down on the ice, five canucks players around him don't touch him. Markstrom is central in his net. Do you want him to lie down?

hahahahaha omg what the hell are those two doing.

So are the Bruins never going to play Subban again?

You don't give up on a goalie because of one game.

Canucks are not holding a tryout at camp...

They are in a dogfight for a playoff spot.

And all of those goals were his fault.

First goal he gave the shooter way to much on his left.

2nd goal he had his right pad up against the post... then for some reason, even though the puck was still there, and the shooter's stick was free... he pulls his pad away and leaves a full foot open net.

3rd goal, his rebound was completely botched... might as well have been a pass to the shooter.

The guy is not ready... send him down... bring someone else up, they have to be better than what we saw.

DQ586di.png

Well I would argue that Markstrom has long legs so he could have had them stretched out wider.

Either way he couldn't see what was going on, and you're right, one of those guys should have cleared the puck.

Archived