The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What is wrong with TSN moderators?

FlyingV

Just wondering if anyone has had the troubles I've had with the TSN comments section in their news stories. Anytime there is a story about the Leafs, they will not post my comment (and yes, they are respectful).
I've even emailed them asking what the issue is, so I can correct it. Never a reply. Kinda irrates me, since I am a bell customer.

Just asking if anyone else has had any issues like this, or have gotten ANY type of customer service response from them.

Just wondering if anyone has had the troubles I've had with the TSN comments section in their news stories. Anytime there is a story about the Leafs, they will not post my comment (and yes, they are respectful).

I've even emailed them asking what the issue is, so I can correct it. Never a reply. Kinda irrates me, since I am a bell customer.

Just asking if anyone else has had any issues like this, or have gotten ANY type of customer service response from them.

Why is it so important to get your comments through to TSN?

I'd say just leave it alone.. I think you're making too big of a deal out of this.

Moderating relies on people to be fair/unbiased, but personal preference can come through at times (just ask homer Deb about that). We're people, first and foremost, so it's a difficult task to keep it in check at times....if someone's already teetering over the edge and has been engaged in a previous "struggle" with this, then it can become a factor. Keeping it in check isn't always easy if you get caught up in the emotional aspect of it all. Some sites have an absolute ZERO tolerance....this site is one of the most lenient that I've ever encountered (and I like that and try to keep it in mind).

I can tell you, first hand, that I try NOT to rule with a heavy hand unless adequate warning has been applied and I feel it's being ignored. While I've never tried on the TSN site, I can recount a ridiculous team of moderators on the CFL site (that saw me banned as a result). Not just me...all my friends from other teams (Stamps in particular) were being treated unfairly as a result of a clique of moderators. Their bias was so obvious and they weren't even trying to disguise it in the end...people were dropping like flies, but they didn't tune in to it. They actually celebrated it, like they'd somehow "won" by chasing people out.

I left with a bang and said what I had to before checking myself out (not my finest hour, but it felt good). But BC Lions had no mod representation on the site, so it became a free for all as the mods acted inappropriately and even started editing content, etc. The Stamps and Lions were generally targeted. It was a gong show and last time I checked in there, it was dead as a doornail with ONLY moderators left on the site. A ghost town of a site. So I try to remember that here, in knowing what NOT to do.

Always a work in progress, but I feel that to be a good/effective mod it's really important to hear what people are saying and make adjustments in line with that.

A site that doesn't tune in to disgruntled potential contributors should...you can't please all the people but you should at least be trying to improve if you can.

I stopped contributing on TSN long ago because only 10% (odd) ever made it in and I felt like I as wasting my time writing comments that were just going to end up in cyberspace. I don't think it's a Canuck bias as much as they don't allow a lot of comments making the same point, regardless of whether it is within their stated policy. I came here to post when I gave up on TSN and I am much happier for it. I am quite sure they do not care about their comment section...or anyone West of Winnipeg for that matter.

First+world+problems+compilation+i+have+

You need more eh?

Heating system on the bus is too strong makes me sweat.

Forgot to plug phone into charger before I went to sleep. Now its dead.

All my songs got deleted when I tried to transfer them.

Dropped my phone, now it has a crack and my friends make phone of me.

No one wants to make me anything, so now I must make it myself.

Left my phone downstairs and now its ringing. Have to go all the way down now.

Was having a blast but now my parents are calling. They interrupted me.

Found 20 wifi hot spots. They all need passwords that I don't know.

Archived