The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Are more teams tanking for McDavid?

Hahaha I almost wanna see McDavid become the next Daigle just because of how hard Buffalo is tanking. I would never wish something like that upon McDavid, but it would still be funny.

Buffalo had intentions of doing well with free agent signings such as Matt Moulson Brian Gionta and trading draft picks for Josh Jorges and Andrew Mezarous. They did try. Unlike Edmonton who did nothing during the summer. Used the excuse, (oh we didn't have any centermans so we used Leon Drasitl) those clowns were tanking from day 1.

Firing Randy Carlyle right after the wjc, lol it's like Shanahan fell in love with McDavid and decided "lets take a shot at him"

Please reply on topic. :bored:

Ice Cube is right. The link and such was completely unnecessary. You at least contributed to this thread but really, no one needs you mini modding in every thread that's similar to another and so on.

You have obviously read the forum rules, and try to force parts of them on everyone so why you choose to ignore the portion that asks users to leave the moderating to the moderators is a little confusing.

I'm not trying to be a d*ck but lighten up more man.

Edmonton is shameful, but its not the team. The management core needs to be ejected ASAP. They aren't even doing anything to try to get better other than rotating coaches. At least Buffalo is laying a foundation. Toronto and Edmonton are a mess that may take a decade or longer to fix.

Edmonton is shameful, but its not the team. The management core needs to be ejected ASAP. They aren't even doing anything to try to get better other than rotating coaches. At least Buffalo is laying a foundation. Toronto and Edmonton are a mess that may take a decade or longer to fix.

You're not kidding about Edmonton and Toronto. Toronto just sent Kadri home for missing a team meeting and being late for practice.

The coach said Kadri could play on Monday Night "If I want him.".

Wow. Just wow.

http://www.tsn.ca/leafs-f-kadri-misses-meeting-sent-home-1.225565

Must suck to be a player or coach for these times, working hard every night only for your management to purposely sewer your chances at winning. I hope none of the tanking teams get McDavid.

I hope you don't mean LA gets him. It will be Arizona.

I just want to re-iterate, it's front offices that do the tanking, not coaches and players. Look at the Sabres for instance. Nolan and his whole coaching staff will be scapegoated/fired after the season is over and Grigorenko will most likely be let go in free agency if/when the Sabres get McEichel. A number of Sabres players are going to be jobless soon enough.

I'm ok with the tank because the benefits far outweigh the negatives for the Sabres, but it will be sad to see some of these players lose their jobs soon.

If Toronto was intentionally tanking, Phaneuf and Kessel specifically wouldn't be taking so much heat because they'd come out and say the team was tanking.

If Toronto was tanking, you'd see the team start inventing ways to send players home or scratch them from the roster.

hmmm, makes one wonder about the lame duck coach they have post Carlyle and why is going on with Kadri.

If Toronto was intentionally tanking, Phaneuf and Kessel specifically wouldn't be taking so much heat because they'd come out and say the team was tanking.

Players don't intentionally tank. Management deprives them of the assets required to succeed by icing an awful team. Phaneuf and Kessel have no control over that.

Archived