The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

This might make you hate Duncan Keith a little less

How so? They are both still clicking at a top 20 pace. Not to mention their decline, if any, would more likely be a result of getting older.

Thank you. I'm glad somebody else has some sense.

It's pretty obvious the concussion hasn't been an issue; anybody that thinks it is, is digging pretty god damn deep for excuses and reasons to hate Keith, don't get me wrong, I understand the hate... I was just trying to soften it with this thread;

Clearly it went nuclear; in my face.

Tempted to request a close, I didn't mean to channel so much hate.

Thank you. I'm glad somebody else has some sense.

It's pretty obvious the concussion hasn't been an issue; anybody that thinks it is, is digging pretty god damn deep for excuses and reasons to hate Keith, don't get me wrong, I understand the hate... I was just trying to soften it with this thread;

Clearly it went nuclear; in my face.

Tempted to request a close, I didn't mean to channel so much hate.

Sense is not bringing up the name "Keith" with the expectation that it'll be fondly received here.

And it is NOT obvious...if you understand concussions, they linger. They aren't full force, in your face but his reactionary time/impulse has seemingly diminished. May or may not be related, but don't poo-poo it away as it could be connected. You diminish the story of some who have battled this issue (and lost) if you do this. The more we accept the after effects as "real", the more we can address and combat them. It is a good discussion to have.

Don't take it personally...you're simply the messenger. :) Any thread that generates a discussion can serve a purpose and teach us something.

The Butthurt is strong here.

It's justified though. If he changed the way he played maybe fewer people would still hate him.

If Lucic donated a lot of money to charity, then the next game is spearing people between the legs, will people's view on him change? Doubt it.

And this is why we love you. Thanks for speaking words of wisdom and slapping elbowing some sense into me. With you, brutha. Hate (They tried to fool me and almost pulled me over to the dark side). Whew, back.

deb you're a trip.

that's a good thing :lol:

I don't understand how us fans can support a guy like Bertuzzi who ended another player's career, but can't seem to forgive what Keith did to Daniel, which is far less worse than what Bertuzzi did to Moore.

Keith might be a total d!ck on the ice, but he does his OWN charity work, around Chicago and even has his own charity foundation.

I don't understand how us fans can support a guy like Bertuzzi who ended another player's career, but can't seem to forgive what Keith did to Daniel, which is far less worse than what Bertuzzi did to Moore.

Keith might be a total d!ck on the ice, but he does his OWN charity work, around Chicago and even has his own charity foundation.

Keiths Relief. Duncan and his wife Kelly run the foundation for the wounded and struggling veterans of Illinois. Pretty solid work they do.

Does good things, does bad things...like most humans.

Well, Moore's injury was OBVIOUSLY a result of everyone piling on him after the incident, and NOTHING to do with Bertuzzi's punch. In fact, it was very probably an Avelanche player that landed on Moore's neck, causing all the issues. Look at video. I have, about 15 times but I'm too busy to find it and post it here.

Plus, Moore is a whiny, money-grabbing scumbag who wasn't going to amount to much as a player anyway.

Keith, on the other hand, DELIBERATELY tried to decapitate Daniel Sedin with his elbow and basically got away with it, due to a combination of Chicago love / Vancouver hate that the league (Bettman) has.

In a fair and just world, Bertuzzi would have served MAYBE a 1 game suspension and Keith would be banned for life.

Am I CDCing right?

'Cause I feel like I am.

Good. But does he donate his own money?

Charity foundations are great for tax breaks, plus you can give your family cushy overpaid jobs for doing frack all, get them cars and throw huge parties...er fundraisers. Alexei Yashin tried doing something like that when he was with the Sens but his dumbass agent/business manager did it in Canada when his name was mud so it blew up and backfired.

Still hate him. Really could've just thrown Sestito into one of our games against them, tell him to run Keith as hard as possible, then cut ties with him after.

Keith would have probably beat the crap out of Sestito.

Charity foundations are great for tax breaks, plus you can give your family cushy overpaid jobs for doing frack all, get them cars and throw huge parties...er fundraisers. Alexei Yashin tried doing something like that when he was with the Sens but his dumbass agent/business manager did it in Canada when his name was mud so it blew up and backfired.

So I guess that means that all the charity work that the Sedins do is totally self serving as well, right?

So I guess that means that all the charity work that the Sedins do is totally self serving as well, right?

I don't know, are they operating a private charitable foundation in the US or did they make a donation to BC Children's Hospital here?

They definitely got a tax break for that donation, though, is that the douchey "gotcha" moment that you're always looking for?

Archived