The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(proposal) coming draft next yrs trade deadline and 2016 draft

so if we arent making playoffs and fall down benning needs to clean shop. The way this teams falling we have a chance at 1percent to get mcdavid so hopefully the hockey gods make it happen. Jim carey would be like " so your saying theres a chance ;)"

so if tanev doesnt sign a 4 yr deal worth 3.75 per target philli with a package deal

tanev and bonino and markstrom for ( couturier, hagg and a second)

unload higgins and hansen for second rounders makes room for young guns

richardson for a 4th

resign mattias, sbisa, vey, corrado, clendenning, stanton, jensen,

sign a free agent 4th line center that can win a draw

baerchi sedin kass new look 1st line

sedin couturier vrbata

kenins horvat virtanen (9game audition )

mattias 4l c fa dorsett

jensen/vey/gaunce

edler corrado

hamhuis bieska

sbisa clendenning

stanton hagg

hutton pedan

miller

lack

now if this team makes playoffs sweet but if not at deadline maximize miller, vrbata, hamhuis and sedins out east even if we have to keep 2 mill on each of sedins contract

miller bottom value is a second at deadline its a first

this yrs prices vrbata gets us a 1st and second and a good prospect

hamhuis would get us a first and a 3rd

sedins get us a roster player a first and 2seconds

benning would have our prospects loaded

5 firsts 6 seconds would help our future while young guys push to make team

That is a pretty lofty goal, even for me, but the point is we have to be open to movement.

Also think it is pretty narrow vision of Aquaman not to see the potential of missing the playoffs for a year to ensure multiple deep runs in future years....I think it was an over sight by the Canucks Brass. Maybe only by one year, but it could have meant a different draft pick, and one year of development to those picks....it could mean a lot!

Way to keep an open mind Canuktravella

The twins aren't going anywhere, plain and simple. We'd have to get a pretty phenomenal package in return before I'd want to trade them anyway, unless it meant they were going somewhere to seriously contend for a cup.

I'll give you one thing though: at least you didn't include J Subban as part of the 2015-16 roster this time.

That is a pretty lofty goal, even for me, but the point is we have to be open to movement.

Also think it is pretty narrow vision of Aquaman not to see the potential of missing the playoffs for a year to ensure multiple deep runs in future years....I think it was an over sight by the Canucks Brass. Maybe only by one year, but it could have meant a different draft pick, and one year of development to those picks....it could mean a lot!

Way to keep an open mind Canuktravella

"Open mind" = "Throw sh!t on the wall and hope some of it sticks"

BigbadCanucks

What do Wayne Gretzky, Phil Esposito, Bobby Orr, Brad Park, Jean Ratelle, Marcel Dionne, Gordy Howe, Bobby Hull, Patrick Roy, Ray Bourque, Joe Thornton, Jerome Iginla, Frank Mahovlich, Martin Brodeur and Paul Coffey all have in common besides being hall of famers and the creame of the creame?

Do you know?

The twins aren't going anywhere, plain and simple. We'd have to get a pretty phenomenal package in return before I'd want to trade them anyway, unless it meant they were going somewhere to seriously contend for a cup.

I'll give you one thing though: at least you didn't include J Subban as part of the 2015-16 roster this time.

subban will need 2yrs in ahl to gain strength and play versus men hes not like virtanen who could play right now cause of his size and speed but both look like nice picks

because they are predictable and teams key in on their line and shutthem down this way they can be a double threat sometimes changing things up is good no?

Explains why Henrik is 10 points behind the scoring lead with Daniel just behind him right?

Explains why Henrik is 10 points behind the scoring lead with Daniel just behind him right?

just because they have points doesnt mean anything look at their plus minus in last twenty games theyve given more goals up than theyve scored. Quite simplistic if only thing you look at is points must mean kessel is not lazy lol

so if we arent making playoffs and fall down benning needs to clean shop. The way this teams falling we have a chance at 1percent to get mcdavid so hopefully the hockey gods make it happen. Jim carey would be like " so your saying theres a chance ;)"

so if tanev doesnt sign a 4 yr deal worth 3.75 per target philli with a package deal

tanev and bonino and markstrom for ( couturier, hagg and a second)

unload higgins and hansen for second rounders makes room for young guns

richardson for a 4th

resign mattias, sbisa, vey, corrado, clendenning, stanton, jensen,

sign a free agent 4th line center that can win a draw

baerchi sedin kass new look 1st line

sedin couturier vrbata

kenins horvat virtanen (9game audition )

mattias 4l c fa dorsett

jensen/vey/gaunce

edler corrado

hamhuis bieska

sbisa clendenning

stanton hagg

hutton pedan

miller

lack

now if this team makes playoffs sweet but if not at deadline maximize miller, vrbata, hamhuis and sedins out east even if we have to keep 2 mill on each of sedins contract

miller bottom value is a second at deadline its a first

this yrs prices vrbata gets us a 1st and second and a good prospect

hamhuis would get us a first and a 3rd

sedins get us a roster player a first and 2seconds

benning would have our prospects loaded

5 firsts 6 seconds would help our future while young guys push to make team

I'd like to believe the canucks are going to make the playoffs. I don't see any signs why they shouldn't...

The first problem: An unsigned rfa doesn't hold as much value as a signed player. Even then it's not a great deal. Plus Couturier + Hagg > Bonino + Markstrom.

Higgins and Hansen both have NTC's, and Benning stated he would not ask Higgins to waive (at least this season). We wouldn't get a 4th for Richardson because he's a ufa.

Also, Baertschi on the 1st line? You would sign a UFA and carry 3 scratched players? Where did Burrows go? Corrado as a first pairing D? And you're listing Hutton as a call-up?

So off-season starts. You want to trade Hamhuis, who would be our #2 dman with Tanev gone, Miller, our starting goalie that we JUST signed, a top 6 winger in Vrbata who we ALSO just signed. And the Sedins, who for some reason make sense for you to trade. So now we have no first line, no top pairing D and no starter. No UFA would ever sign here again if we traded Vrbata and Miller.

I'm sorry, but this is one of the worst proposals I've ever seen. This would give us a surefire take at #1 draft pick in 2016, that's for sure.

BigbadCanucks

What do Wayne Gretzky, Phil Esposito, Bobby Orr, Brad Park, Jean Ratelle, Marcel Dionne, Gordy Howe, Bobby Hull, Patrick Roy, Ray Bourque, Joe Thornton, Jerome Iginla, Frank Mahovlich, Martin Brodeur and Paul Coffey all have in common besides being hall of famers and the creame of the creame?

Do you know?

What a lot of them have in common is being traded before ntc's were part of contracts. What Roy and Bourque have in common is both asked to be traded. What Orr, Howe,and Brodeur have in common is none of them were traded.

There certainly are players who have waived their ntc when asked, but that doesn't mean every player will. There have been players that have refused to waive.

Archived