The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2016 NHL Entry Draft [June 24-25th || Buffalo, New York]

Another couple of guys I like are Vitali Abramov, Samuel Girard and Michael McLeod. McLeod plays on one of the worst teams in the OHL and he'll be good next year. Abramov was great at the U17s with Sokolov and the Popugayevs. Girard is a really smooth, slick defenceman but 5'9. Hopefully he grows a couple of inches.

That's the way I feel about Giorgio Estephan this year; playing on a sucky team.

Dont know much on many...Mathews will be a great choice for any teams and is a big body....Alex Debrincat is on the Otters and putting up a lot of pts for a Rookie, Would like to see his stats next year with out the likes of Mcdavid

Taylor raddysh, another good prospect.

Logan Brown, plays for Windsor. He is 6'5, 215 already

Damn Logan brown seems like he is going to be a great prospect he has nhl blood, is putting up great numbers for a rookie, and I've seen him listed as 6'6 as a 16 year old! Can see him rising fast next year.

Dont know much on many...Mathews will be a great choice for any teams and is a big body....Alex Debrincat is on the Otters and putting up a lot of pts for a Rookie, Would like to see his stats next year with out the likes of Mcdavid

Yeah I followed Debrincat for a while, not anymore though. Personally I don't think Debrincat is that great simply because he stopped producing much when Mcdavid went down. Not to mention, the dude is 5'7. That's shorter than short in the NHL. For his sake I hope he grows.

I think the smartest thing to do in this draft is to pick the coolest names. SO, my top picks are...

- Simon Stransky

- Alexander Nylander

- Rasmus Asplund

- Dillon Dube

OR

take Ronnings son

OR

take Elder and Eder

ONE LINE WITH EDLER, EDER and ELDER. CAN YOU EVEN IMAGINE?

Jesse Puljujarvi? That name would look funny on a jersey.

Auston Matthews was born on Sept 17th. He missed last year's draft by 2 days. He will be the oldest draft eligible player come draft day. The youngest, Jake Bean, was born just 9 days before the sept. 15 cutoff date.

Matt Tkachuck is an interesting prospect. Good size. Decent stats. Has hockey in his blood, his dad is Keith, and he's also cousins with the Hayes brothers, Jimmy and Kevin.

Would like to see more video of him. All i could find was this video from Sept 2013:

It shows Colin White, Tkachuck, then Hanifin scoring shoot out goals. Tkachuck outright beats the goalie.

• 2 weeks later...

Another eligible for next year's draft is Lucas Johansen, brother of NHL player Ryan Johansen.

He's a defenceman who is good positionally and has good offensive and defensive instincts.

He's not getting a lot of ice time - and he is just 17 years old, so it's not his play that's bringing down his time.

In the system of a powerhouse Kelowna team, he could develop really well.

I think the smartest thing to do in this draft is to pick the coolest names. SO, my top picks are...

- Simon Stransky

- Alexander Nylander

- Rasmus Asplund

- Dillon Dube

OR

take Ronnings son

I know it's Ronning's son and I know he does have some offensive abilitiy but that's more or less the same mistake the Giants made picking him in the first round. His offensive output has been abysmal. There has been some positive reviews from his coaches this year (he's had more than one) but I've been to a few Giants games now and haven't been too impressed. Of course, he could finally start producing offensively and warrant a higher selection but at this point in time I'd say he's a later round boom or bust.

Wheres all the Dante Fabbro hype? He's home grown, an absolute boss and fits an organization need. Plus as of right now he's actually in our range!

Yeah him and Tyson Jost are in the BCHL. Both are really solid but if they go to the WHL, they'll be noticed more often and it'll be easier for scouts to compare them with other 2016 CHL draft eligibles.

I think both Fabbro and Jost are top 10 talents in the 2016 draft along with Matthews, Chychurn, Brown, Benson, Steel along with Puljujarvi and Sokolov who are two Europeans I haven't seen enough of. Last one probably goes to Julien Gauthier or maybe Keller but he's a bit small.

Wheres all the Dante Fabbro hype? He's home grown, an absolute boss and fits an organization need. Plus as of right now he's actually in our range!

St Louis should draft him. They could have Fabbri-Fabbro. Now they just need to draft a Fabbra :P

you forget Debrincat. I think he should be a top 10 pick

Maybe. Plays with McDavid/Strome, he's 5'7 and I think everyone is waiting to see how he preforms next season without McDavid. Debrincat has talent but McDavid/Strome has set him up with so many tap-ins, and on the PP he's infront of the net getting passes from down low from McDavid.Although, I think you need guys who preform well with other skilled players because somebody needs to finish on Crosby's/Malkin's/Giroux's/Tavares' passes. Crouse is that type of player this year but he's a big 6'4 winger with a sweet shot.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived