The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Sharks

-Vintage Canuck-

Yup, game breaker regardless what line he is on. JB's best signing imo.

I really didn't appreciate how good he was until we signed him (Phoenix factor). I initially thought he was a right-handed Higgins, but he has looked like Marian Hossa this season!

I was worried with all those close calls in the 3rd period, but wow was I impressed when the Sharks pulled Niemi. They completely clogged the neutral zone and prevented the Sharks from making any easy entries into our zone.

Eddie with monster saves and a gift from Marleau. Vrbata with another dirty goalie dangle and Bo with a beauty beating Burns on the rush and making a fool of Niemi.

what a win, but the canucks have got to smarten up

1 no goal, one missed shot, couple of posts...

Ya to be honest I thought the sharks were getting all the bounces at the start but after vrbata got them on the board the luck shifted our way. Definitely need to be a lot better with the puck.

Bonino with a huge unsung shutdown performance tonight. With two rookie centers in the lineup, he eats the hard minutes, and tonight he pitched in with a point and a +1 - and anchored Vrbada's line.

Great under the radar game.

I've been unhappy with Bonino's lack of emotion but I agree that when he plays with emotion, he is very effective.

Canucks were lucky to win... but we'll take it.

But the defense has to work harder, and especially on that first touch in our zone... they have to get the passes working better.

Lack had another terrific game, but several got behind him... he was lucky Marleau is snakebit and Vrbata is not. ;)

Bo has been having great scoring chances for the last 4 games.... he cashed in tonight... hoping this opens the floodgates again. :emot-parrot:

Now imagine if we got iggy instead of vrbata? Thank you iggy!

No kidding... good work JB.

I really didn't appreciate how good he was until we signed him (Phoenix factor). I initially thought he was a right-handed Higgins, but he has looked like Marian Hossa this season!

That's a decent comparison considering how strong vrbata is on the puck as well as being a decent 2 way player, just lacking in a bit of size he is like a Hossa-light. I did not realize just how good he was too.

Archived