The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(DISCUSSION) Horvat for rookie of the year?

Scorvat

Given how historically Rookie's of the year pan out. I really hope he doesn't get nominated. It's like being on the cover of EA Sports games. Kiss of death.

past four Calder winners

MacKinnon

huberdeau

landeskog

Skinner

Past 4 ea nhl cover athletes

Bergeron

Brodeur

Giroux

Stamkos

What are you talking about?

Hutchinson, Forsberg, Gaurdreau, Ekblad and possibly Stone are all ahead of Horvat for the Calder. Horvat is a great talent and is performing very well but there is some insane talent out there that is outshining him.

I brought this up at least 2 months ago, knowing that Bo's production would just keep increasing. I wasn't too serious though because of his playing time.

If he get's a point a game for the remaining 17 games and 8 to 10 more goals then he should be considered for sure.

I think the much lower MPG rate would be considered ( higher PPM rate for Bo)

Calders go to offensive dynamo's. He's a role player right now and a good one at that and it's as it should be.

Like a player that puts up close to a point a game...like Horvat for the last 10-20 games, not sure exactly but he must be at about .8 or .9 points a game over that time period.

If it increases to a point per game or more for the final 17 games and the other rookies hit the wall...anything is possible.

If he managed 21 points in the last 17 games he would have 40 points in 68 games with way less mpg than the other rookies... a long shot to be sure, but you never know.

Like a player that puts up close to a point a game...like Horvat for the last 10-20 games, not sure exactly but he must be at about .8 or .9 points a game over that time period.

If it increases to a point per game or more for the final 17 games and the other rookies hit the wall...anything is possible.

Your really reaching here. Bo has steadily improved his pro game as the year has progressed and as Canuck fans there's no question we want to see this kid thrive but this year the league has seen a number of rookies have fantastic years and There are a number of players who have had more of a significant impact on their teams than Horvat. Bo may be top 10 this year but I can think of a few rookies off the top of my head who deserve it way more than him.

past four Calder winners

MacKinnon

huberdeau

landeskog

Skinner

Past 4 ea nhl cover athletes

Bergeron

Brodeur

Giroux

Stamkos

What are you talking about?

There's also been Mason, Samsonov, Berard, Gomez, Raycroft, Jackman.

For a while there, there seemed to be an almost curse on the Calder. You might want to look back farther than 4 years.

Klingberg is good but not close to Ekblad. Also consider Florida's 2-1 wins vs dallas' 6-5. Klingberg has more points less games but Ekblad still has a higher percentage of points per team goals. 150 goals vs Dallas 200 goals. Age isnt a factor in voting, but still, 18 yrs old! Hoffman 25 yrs. Gaudreau 4 yrs against NCAA big boys. Forsberg I believe has NHL experience past 2 yrs in Nash and Wash. Ekblad is a raw 18 yr old straight outta Junior. All this talk is regarding offense. When you add defense which cant be judged on a stat sheet, Ekblad runaway winner. Forsberg's D and work rate is no joke either though. Close 2nd

Ekblad, Forsberg, Gaudreau, Klingberg, Hoffman. Horvat top 10 this year, but down the road will become top 5 from this rookie class in terms of value to his team. Is Kucherov a rookie?

Ekblad Klingberg Lee Hoffman Forsberg Gaudreau all have been better

Klingberg Lee and Hoffman are all well into their 20's. Ekblad has gone straight from JR to the NHL without missing a beat. If Klingberg played in the NHL at 18 he likely would not have put up Ekblad type numbers. Or if you like, consider how good Ekblad could be three years from now.

Ekblad

Forsberg

Bo

Archived