The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Horvat vs Kesler

JamesB

Did you read the same thing I did. All he said was you can't compare the two and that Bo will never score 41.

I don't think I need to explain the first one.

Bo will probably never score 41 goals in a season. Imo he will be a better overall player but never a guy who pots 41. That's pretty hard to do.

That's all the guy posted and you threw a bitch fit. Chill brah

I don't "chill" brah. I work out.

It's way too early to say, and at this point, they are very different styles of players. That said, I think Horvat will be a consistant 40-50pt player with great face offs and great defence. He'll be the go to guy for shutting down the opposing stars, and still put up points. So very similar to what kesler brought, the big difference, and what will make him better than kesler, is his attitude and leadership capabilities.

Bo seems like a really nice guy. Kesler seems like a real a*s hole. For that reason alone we are better off with Bo as opposed to Kesler, even IF Bo was not as talented as Kesler, which I don't believe.

Ryan Kesler was a decent player for the Canucks, there is no doubt about it. It was time to move on and Kesler has been a good addition by subtraction. I will take Bo Horvat over Ryan Kessler any day.

There's no way Horvat turns into Toews haha. Jon's a generational player with some analysts taking him over CROSBY in a mock draft.

Bo might turn into a Patrice Bergeron if we're lucky. That's more than we could ask for imo.

Can't see him scoring 40+ goals, even in the odd year. There's no comparison. His attitude is far and beyond that of a Kesler.

We lucked out.

I think it's a little off to be blasting Kesler though I realize it's a free world and opinions are just that.

The fact that he mentioned his kids as a reason for requesting a trade generates a reasonable doubt in terms of his attitude. Who knows what was going on with his personal life and I can't imagine being up front about it at the time would have improved the situation for him or his family.

Kesler gave us great heart and service while he was a Canuck and should be respected for that.

I think it's a little off to be blasting Kesler though I realize it's a free world and opinions are just that.

The fact that he mentioned his kids as a reason for requesting a trade generates a reasonable doubt in terms of his attitude. Who knows what was going on with his personal life and I can't imagine being up front about it at the time would have improved the situation for him or his family.

Kesler gave us great heart and service while he was a Canuck and should be respected for that.

I think a lot of people know what was going on with his personal life .. I dont think he could get away with being himself in a hockey crazy market ( if you catch my drift ) now he's free to do as he pleases . anonymity has its rewards

I'm not sure how you came up with this conclusion. I've certainly never questioned his personal life as the sole reason for his attitude and play on the ice.

Kesler was a passionate guy, no doubt. He was my favourite player on the team back when he was one of the only ones showing any heart when he played.

But at the end, his on ice play and locker room attitude it seemed from the media showed that he wasn't happy with the team because he didn't think this roster was good enough to win. That by itself is a pretty selfish assumption, coupled with the fact that he only wanted to go to 2 friggin' teams when he requested a trade.

His kids and family would have been fine here in Vancouver. We have one of the best private school systems in Canada and the city ain't half bad compared to the rest of the world.

Bottom line, he never passed, was pouty faced in every interview near the end, and gave off a vibe like he was better than this, better than the team.

Ain't nobody got time for that...

There's no way Horvat turns into Toews haha. Jon's a generational player with some analysts taking him over CROSBY in a mock draft.

Bo might turn into a Patrice Bergeron if we're lucky. That's more than we could ask for imo.

Can't see him scoring 40+ goals, even in the odd year. There's no comparison. His attitude is far and beyond that of a Kesler.

We lucked out.

how many people in todays nhl can score 40 ?? not Jonathan toews ...

Archived